Sinister: us tour(s) yay ... tickets ...the semester's almost over ...

j r kananen jkananen at xxx.net
Sun May 13 08:17:20 BST 2001

speaking of US tours....
It will be an awesome thing if B&S come to the west coast this year.  I live
here in the smoggy, busy, and all together unhealthy town of Pasadena
California, which is just a boulder's throw away from LA (boo) where they'll
hopefully play.
I don't mean to brag, but ... *ahem* I got Radiohead tickets!!!!!
yay
Sorry to all those listees who have to stand out in what looks like rain
tomorrow for tickets.  I'm just really excited because not only is Radiohead
my fav. band (B&S come in a very close second ^__^) but last year I was
foiled in my attempt at tickets by 2 people attempting to get tickets to see
the Dixie Chicks.  Yes that's right, I stood in line all night, and then at
the last moment these two people came in line pushing the number of people
in the line over 10 and therefore making it a stupid "wristband-line" (boo).
Now I was lucky.  I got the second place in line, but in front of me were to
2 people who came in last......those were the Dixie Chicks fans (grrrr).
After they got their tickets, I was next.  I ran up and requested my
passports to greatness, but too much time had transpired.  By the time the
ticket-master-guy switched over to Radiohead from the Dixie Chicks and put
in my ticket request the tickets were all sold out.  I was sad.
But now I have them and everything's alight ^__^.
Good luck to all the listees trying to get them tomorrow, I'm rooting for
you!

The semester's almost over, and  there  is one thing that just bugs me.
There is this REALLY cool girl who is in my "Film Art" class at PCC.  She is
very definition of "twee."  Everything about her: style, dress, attitude ...
hopefully musical / film taste just screams TWEE.  However, I have a hard
time approaching her and talking to her......Why is it that girls who have
nothing in common with me are so easy to talk to, where someone who's
conversational potential is very very high are so impossible to approach?
grrrr, and now the semester's almost over (the class is on Thursdays, next
Thursday is a "study day," and the week after that is our final) and I've
not said a word to her.  I fear that it'll be too late and I'll never see
her again.  Any advice on this situation would be very much appreciated.
I'm not looking for a girlfriend, just someone to talk to about things of
the twee ways.

OK, I've rambled on about as much as typably possible... sorry.... hit
delete now ^__^
- Jason
Jumped in the river what did I see?
A black eyed angel swam with me.