Sinister: ideas are like kids in a playground...

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Sun May 13 21:19:44 BST 2001

...and sinister picnic-ers are even more so.  in fact, there were some
actual kids in a playground who captured the attention of a select group of
sinisterettes.  nothing dodgy, honest, we were just jealous.  where are the
climbing frames built to adult proportions?  and why can't i go to my local
cinema on saturday morning to see toy story 2 unless accompanied by a
responsible minor?

anyway, i'm a whole week late with my post-picnic post.  so i won't live in
the past, just say: i love you.  yes, you.  but not you, you smell.

okaaaayyy, so, i found out that despite not having lived up to it for about
a year, i still have a reputation for list smut.  which is nice.  good to
know that even through all the post-relationship blips when i think i
declared that fireworks and knitting (not at the same time) were better than
sex, sinister still had faith that i was a depraved little minx.

on that subject, i watched a huge phallus made of sellotape being pulled out
of the ground by a big crane on friday night.  to be fair, it may have been
meant to represent a clock, an ivory tower, or the digestive tract of a huge
spider.  but that's performance art for you.  most of the audience were too
stoned to care anyway.  either way it was strangely beautiful, and there
were fireworks.

this all means it must be the brighton festival.  we spent a happy day
yesterday trying to trip up stiltwalkers. (btw, did you know there is now a
brownie badge in circus skills?  i mean, what?  what use is that to a future
citizen?)  in the evening i went to see jeanette winterson, who likes her
own books quite a lot i think.  which is fair enough, because they're not
half bad.  lots of smut.

MEANWHILE...
now they know how many indiekids it takes to fill the albert hall...  i'm
going to go and track down tickets now.  my stomach hurts.  you know when
you fall in love and you feel sick all the time in case it all goes wrong?
well, that's how i feel about seeing b&s live.  which is good because i was
getting a little blase there for a while and thinking that i wasn't as keen
any more, and listening to hip hop instead.  fool.

luv archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com