Sinister: So long, and thanks for all the fish

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Mon May 14 12:19:21 BST 2001

Douglas Adams, RIP.

Well, finally, B&S are playing the Royal Albert Hall. As demanded on
Sinister back in January 1998. You see, we're always ahead of the game on
here. Latest news: if you want standing tickets for the Albert Hall, so that
you can actually see something, you've got to phone them up direct - the
website only has stalls and circle tickets available (as of 30 minutes ago).
Birmingham tickets are also available online, but tickets for Scarborough
still aren't available, and I can't get hold of Preston.

This must be the most exciting thing to happen in Scarborough since the
Cannon and Ball reunion tour of 1998.

I notice that there aren't any gigs scheduled for the days before or after
the Albert Hall show. What chance a second date being announced in the next
few days? In the meantime, a picnic is needed on June 29th, at 4pm, in
Kensington Gardens (just over the road from the Albert Hall). And another
picnic on the beach in Scarborough.

Oh yeah, and if anyone fancies offering me a floor in London for the night,
I would be very grateful (and in return I might be able to offer a bedspace
at my parents' house in Harrogate, halfway between Scaborough and
Preston...)

The Primrose Hill picnic the other week was G!R!A!T!E!, but everyone's
already said pretty much everything already. The football score was 1-1 at
halftime, when I came on as a substitute. We lost 6-2. I like to think it
was a coincidence.

And while we're talking about the beautiful game, an Arsenal fan was
whinging earlier about losing the Cup Final to Liverpool. To which I say, it
serves you right for what you did to the might Sheffield Wednesday 8 years
ago, you bastards.

In defence of Toploader, I would just like to say that I LIKE "DANCING IN
THE MOONLIGHT". Just a shame the rest of their stuff is crap, really.

Denmark were robbed.

Big Stu