Sinister: lionel ritchie and the wardrobe

Tom Phillips tp218 at xxx.uk
Mon May 14 17:34:22 BST 2001

hullo spacechildren,

i am now allowed to speak to you, and, in keeping with tradition, thought
i'd make my celebratory first post an utterly inconsequential,
overlong, rambling mess. hi. i was kept awake last night by what i can
only describe as prime minister's question time happening outside my
window, only with ducks. see? i am tired. (it is not yet clear if i
am true of heart.)

i'm looking forward to june so much that it's already beginning to make
me smile (and conveniently forget about the intervening exams). it
promises to be a blissful, responsibility-free parade of amazing bands
marching past me, lying in a private field of alcoholic lethargy. or on a
beach. in, say, scarborough. (i agree with my good friend charlie on this
point, although i'd remind him that we've got an appointment with bryan
ferry only two days before, so our beach time is limited)

yeah, in fact, any other sinisterines going to see r.music? just asking.

things that have been making me smile today: the track titles on the
apples in stereo album 'her wallpaper reverie'; the outrageous similarity
between bowie's 'boys keep swinging' and blur's 'm.o.r.' (and noel
gallagher gets criticised for nicking tunes...); the phrase 'fruity bun'.

things that have almost brought me to tears: douglas adams becoming dead,
and richard dawkins' amazing article about him in the guardian. so sad.
and for someone who invented so many hilarious ways to die to be taken by
something as mundane as a heart attack in a gym.

anyway, i've rambled on long enough now (i am nothing if not honest),

bye,
some kid called tom