Sinister: RAH!!!

Flanagan, William william.flanagan at xxx.uk
Tue May 15 16:34:13 BST 2001

hello all, this is my first post so bear with me...

sometimes it seems although things couldn't get any better, and then somehow
they suddenly do...

i'm a lazy physics student who spends far too much time playing a strange
sport called Canoe (Kayak) Polo. yes, it is a real sport, played by over 30
teams at international level. it could be described as a cross between
rugby, waterpolo and canoeing. anyway, i'm the captain of the University of
London Union Club, and play in the men's a-team, and at the weekend we
managed to win the student championships, which in the world of kayak polo
is a VERY BIG THING.

so when i woke up on monday morning nursing an almighty hangover and slowly
remembering clinging to a minibus roof at 2am as it was been driven at 40mph
down a main road (really!), i was ecstatic to hear that b&s were playing the
Royal Albert Hall.

for once being at Imperial College has it's advantages... my department is
virtually opposite the R.A.H., and the union is next door to it....

therefore i suggest a picnic in hyde park (which is next to my college as
well) in the afternoon before the gig and/or a 'few' drinks in our lovely
Student's Union.

as the 29th june is the last day of term, the Union should have a big
carnival thing going on in the evening. so if people wanted, they could walk
the 100 yards from the RAH after the gig to carry on drinking till 1am.
unfortunately the dj's at our Union are world-renowned for their lack of
taste, so we might be better off finding a decent indie club.

...details and times of this little venture can be worked out nearer the
time...

anyway, the ugly pile of revision calls...

will.