Sinister: Curious Cola

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Tue May 15 20:03:33 BST 2001

Hello there my little fellow Sinisterines.
Yet again, I peep my head out from behind the lurkers bush, where we're all having a little picnic of our own (why is it that everytime I think of Sinister Picnics, I always have an image of Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo (who are really Sinisterines in a bear suit ) running about and stealing everyone's pic-a-nic-a baskets, before they run away giggling being chased and end up joining in with the communal football game. I don't know-warped imagination I guess.)
Why can no one have a picnic in Manchester? I know that it's not the nicest city to have a picnic in, what with the pollution/rain/Stone Rose-Oasis pastiches wreaking havoc across our fair city, but it would be nice to do something like that before the Preston gig.  We could swap badges and have a sing -song around the campfire. It would be all nice and cosy.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the mighty Belle and Seb again. Last time I saw them, it was at Manchester Town Hall on a Saturday night in 1997 supported by the wonderfully lucid Arab Strap. However, this appears to be a gig which is only present in the minds of myself and the two friends I went with as no one else I know seems to have gone to it. Surely this can't be? I may make up comedy sketches (The most famous one amongst me and my friends is the Newman and Baddiel sketch I have reportedly seen which involves a breakdancing Virgin Mary. Look, I know it exists, just have some faith in me,ok?) but there is no way on earth that my subconscious can concoct a whole gig. They kept messing up the words if I remember rightly and I remember prompting them on in Like Dylan in the movies. Stuart bit his lower lip and looked yummy. Sigh I may have a Politics exam the next day, but goddamit I'm going to go and see Belle and Sebastian!
I have also been rediscovering the joys of 1980s cartoons. Does anyone remember Jem? Surely it was the bestest girls cartoon ever to grace our TV sets. There was like this ordinary girly who had earings which, when she touched them and said the magic words turned her into a Glam Rock star with biiig pink hair! And her band had a rival band who look like a female version of the Ramones, or just a 80s version of Kenickie. Anyway, it was aceness. I used to go around when I was a little girl touching my earings, thinking I would grow Pink hair. I never did. Then again, when I was about four years old, I was convinced I was She-Ra. Maybe I was just an overly precocious child.
Anyway, I'm off now to go and eat sweeties (Mmmm, someone just gave me a Strawberries and Cream Polo and they are the yummiest things ever.) Was anyone at the Belle and Sebastian night at the Star and Garter last Friday night? It was good, but would have been better if they hadn't just kept repeating the same songs over and over. I made peace with the girly whose boyfriend a stole a year ago from that night. Life is strange I suppose.

Cay
XXx

P.S. To the Boy who writes the story ;Judy and the Dream of Horses, when is there going to be an update?
P.P.S-To the person who was talking about making the silly t-shirts. Could you make one for me? The Great Western Trains Safety Instructions one would be immensely appreciated.
P.P.P.S-The boy called Nick on here who knows my bestest friend in the whole wide world Kate Dornan and drinks lots of Champagne I bid a cheery hello to :-)

"I'm just a girl in cordoroys, I'm not terrific, but I'm competent..."
http://photojenni.diaryland.com