Sinister: 'When Bilbo opened his eyes, he wondered if he had;

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Tue May 15 23:06:53 BST 2001

for it was just as dark as with them shut.'

"hi fans" shouts me!!!!

so did ya miss me?
I HATE MY COMPOOTER
it died on me (again) a few weeks ago and i've finally got it working again
and guess what?
500 bloody e-mails waiting in my inbox so i've dredged through them all, not
all sinister ones mind you, the sigur ros list talk as much as you do,
apparrently the new metallica album will be heavily influenced by sigur ros!

so this mail will be a list of disjointed reactions to what's cought my eye
on sinister over the last x weeks:

Peter Miller said

>When AIDS first started to become popular, people
>were advised to dribble cognac down their partner's back as a substitute
>for
>"penetration"

call me unimaginative but 'eh?', how's that work then?

>A video for "Jonathan David" is likely to be shot in
>the band's hometown of Glasgow May 19 and 20, the
>group's U.K. spokesperson said. In the meantime, the
>band is considering a director for the clip.

so are we all going to glasgie to roam round in a big scary sinister herd
(what is the collective noun for us then?, a picnic of sinisterians) untill
we fing the film crew and force them into letting us be in the vid?

ok, so the B&S tribute band thing i thought of, well we've got 2 stuart
murdochs and a stuard david so i think we'll put that plan on hold for a
while, ok?

i've only ever bought one big issue and that was from a mad stots bokie who
really sold it to me, jumping around and reading bits to me until i bought
one , he was hilarious. i know they're homeless and dont have much to smile
about but they could put some life into their sales pitch, youknowarramean?

so next weekend is the WOW festival here on tyneside, big free festival held
on the north bank of the tyne over 3 days every spring and is usually quite
good, good excuse to wander around in the sun for a long weekend getting
absolutely smashed and watching bands from all over the world.  they usually
have a big name band to close it all with; '99 was the wailers (minus bob
obviously), last year it was asian dub foundation (my parents could hear the
bass 4 miles away at my house), but this year we have, wait for it, the
levellers (yeah, not).    oh well , still getting pissed up though ,  and
they have fireworks.
last year we missed the last ferry home but luckily my mate phil's dad is
the tyne pilot so we got a lift over the water on his boat, yay!

'can u dig it' was by the mock turtles and not pop will...

carsmile said
>How come no one talks about John Hughes on this list any more?  He's still
>subscribed isn't he?

is he actually on this list or am i just being gullible?
are there actually any famous people on this list then?, out of 1400 there
must be one or two vaguely heard of people here.

and someone mentioned calling stuart 'struan' (or rather *not* calling
stuart 'struan') so i just have to ask, why *do* we call him struan, was
this something from before i joined?

i know this post has turned out a bit long but i've had withdrawal symptoms,
but one thing before i go, some-one (carnt remember who) said this:

>bonus comment: I had heard the expression "spirit ditch" in a sparklehorse
>song and thought it was one of their genius lyrical inventions (in fact,
>they are using it twice on their last record), until Jules enlightened me
>about the fact that it's a normal english expression. Wow, what a language!
>I think I'm in love. I should learn it sometime....

so what actually is a spirit ditch, i've never heard of one either

well thet's all from me
see you all @ the gigs (well just the scarbrough one)
pez*

ps - i have finally read *and* understood most of one of pinefox's posts!
     well *i* thought it was an acheivment - sod you all then.

www.pez.com - the wonderful world of pez ;)

ivorytowers.8m.com - ivory towers records

www.drpez.com - Dr Pez, Spain's premier fish doctor (i think)