Sinister: And now I'm having to tug myself off round the clock because I'm not having any proper sex with girls

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed May 16 13:24:15 BST 2001

OK, A few boring bits of info:

The cover of the new B&S single is on the Jeepster site at
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/discography/images/JPRS022.jpg, and appears to
feature Ruth Madoc from Hi-de-Hi wearing a toga. Which is only slightly less
disturbing than the fact that out of the three people on the cover, they
only possess 2 eyes between them. Maybe they take it in turns to use them?

For those who haven't got an advance copy (that'll be most of us, so stop
being smug about it please), there's a 30 second clip of Jonathan David at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/record_box.shtml.

You can get tickets for the Preston gig online, but only if you don't mind
paying £4.25 for postage. For a single piece of paper. So if anyone in the
North West can get a ticket from their local record shop for me, I'll repay
you with money and sexual favours (optional).

The Scarborough tickets are STILL not on sale, but you can get tickets for
Bee Gees Gold at the same venue 3 days earlier, which sounds like a much
better night out.

I think it's great to see that B&S are sticking to their policy of playing
unusual venues, harking back to the Gothic splendour of the Manchester Town
Hall gigs a few years back. Although I still wish they'd done their planned
tour of Britain on a boat. And a part of me would love to see them playing
at Nottingham's Rock City, just for the comedy value.

The thing is, whenever they've done concerts in the past, the music press
seem determined to review the crowd instead of reviewing the gig (see the
archives if you don't believe me), so I think we should start a mosh pit at
the Royal Albert Hall, just to give the journalists something to talk about.
Any suggestions on which song should be moshed to are welcome. And anyone
who suggests "Beyond the Sunrise" will be ignored, because that would just
be silly.

No Thai news I'm afraid, but this comes from our Brunei correspondent:
A Bruneian wife can now be charged with neglect if she refuses to have sex
with her husband, under new 'Brunei Muslim Family Laws' adopted by the
sultanate last month. Fines of up to US$250 or three days in jail can be
meted out to a wife who refuses, without good cause, to have sex with her
husband, particularly if he has given her advance notice to be available.

I would just like to mention Chris Waddle's goal at Wembley. No reason.

Big Stu