Sinister: 17. mai- gratulaerer til alle i Norge!

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Wed May 16 16:17:45 BST 2001

I think thats how its spelt.... heck of a word to spit
out for me actually.

Tomorrow is Norwegian Day, 17th May, to celebrate
Norwegian indepedance.

And I've got a Norwegian exam.

But afterward, I shall be getting extremely drunk and
cheering, and singing "Ja, vi elsker dette land.. "
rather loudly and incoherently with all my other
Norwegian pals. And booing anyone who brings a Swedish
flag.

So, in the spirit of me panicking, and tomorrow being
Norwegian day, heres a quick guide for non-Norwegians
as to how to do Norwegian.

Jeg heter...        My name is....

Jeg kommer fra USA/ Skottland/Tyskland/ England

             I come from USA/Scotland/Germany/England

Hva heter du?        whats your name?
Kan jeg faa din telefonnummer?
                     Can I have your telephone number?
Kan jeg faa et ol?   can I have a beer?
Jeg er glad i deg    I fancy you
Du har vakre oyene/kroppen/haret
                     You have beautiful eyes/body/hair
Skal vi danser?      shall we dance?
Jeg liker Belle and Sebastian
                     I like Belle And Sebastian
Jeg misliker Steps   I don't like Steps
Steps er dritt       Steps are sh*te
Jeg er full          I'm drunk
Hvor er vi?          Where are we?
Du bor her?          You live here?
Er dette din seng?   Is this your bed?
Hvor skal jeg sover? Where shall I sleep?
Nei, jeg har ingen penger
                     No, I have no money
Ja, vaer sa snill    Yes please
Det var fantastisk!  That was fantastic!
Tusen takk!          Many thanks!
Vi snakkes!          Speak to you soon!

So there you go. Hope that helps if you ever suddenly
find yourself stranded in a kiosk in ooh... Trondheim.

Hmm.

Trying to forget I have an exam tomorrow.
Okay, I'm off to try and forget elsewhere.

Hugs & stuff for everyone,
 and "hurrah!"s to the Norwegians

bye.
Idles