Sinister: You down by the river / London no longer exists.

Youn J. Noh ynoh at xxx.edu
Wed May 16 18:11:30 BST 2001

> Foxes don't eat biscuits. They eat chickens. They rip their bastard heads
> off and spit feathers all over the tablecloth.

This sounds like a fairy tale gone wild.  Mr. Miller deserves a grant to
further this project - Modern Fairy Tales or Folklore for Adults - or
maybe the title was his subject heading.  But, no doubt, some halfwitted
critic will come along and accuse him of having flat characters, pursuing
hackneyed plots, without seeing that the stories are meant to resonate, to
bring up old ideas and enrich them. People have no sense of history, no
understanding of archetypes and archaisms.  What can you do?

> often i look at the skyscrapers i can see from my roof or window at
> night and i imagine that the erratic patterns made by the lit-up windows
> are a kind of message. i see these buildings' illuminations as similar
> to the punch cards they used to program computers with ...and if i can
> figure it out (the coding) then what would i know? what if its just the
> buildings talking to eachother? knowing me i'd probably get in trouble
> for figuring it out. i should quit before i catch hell.

It was EC.  He programmed the flow across the city's power grid to
broadcast his song lyrics and guitar tabs.  Haven't you noticed a pattern
in the songs that you hum in the shower, on the city streets?  He's taking
over.  Can someone do something about this?  I think we need to work in
some B & S in central Ohio.  (Am I in central Ohio?  Please don't ask me
for directions - I'll take you to another city.)