Sinister: duckie for president

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Fri May 18 20:30:40 BST 2001

it is indeed encouraging that an icon of popular culture such as silent bob
should like another such icon, john hughes.  in fact it's the best thing
about silent bob, and there are many great things.  i watched pretty in pink
all on my own the other night and it was bliss.  even though the rich
kid/poor kid divisions have been superseded (in my experience anyway) by the
far more elusive battleground of 'cool', it still rings true.  and yes, i am
aware that that statement says things about me that i would rather it
didn't.

also, madeleine said: "... this vision of loveliness that is Molly Ringwald.
What a truly marvellous woman she is (well, was)."

what do you mean, 'was'?  i'll have you know that molly is still looking
gorgeous, albeit in rather more sober attire these days, and the fact that
she's now making sub-genre movies for tv cannot sully her.

ruvi wrote, divinely as usual, of loonies.  i think it's true that many of
the most out there people aren't obvious.  and the ones that seem to be
should be subjected to rigorous bullshit detector tests (see discussion of
25p man etc, passim.)  but a man holding some pills in one hand and a bundle
of tissue in the other stood in front of me on wednesday and just kept
saying 'please help me, please help me, please help me', which has a
tendency to sneak past most bullshit detectors, mine anyway.  i gave him my
sandwich and felt terrible all day.

in my capacity as literature programmer/researcher type person i'm just
about to write to alan moore.  i'm ridiculously excited by this.  alan
moore!  responsible for one of the greatest novels of the century, though i
don't think watchmen was ever discussed on the late review... which is
criminal really.

no content at all.  much like my diary.  oh yeah, one of my four albert hall
tickets might be going spare if anyone gets desperate.  offers accepted :)

luv archel

ps: i don't particularly like kings of convenience, i've decided.  they do
not stick in the head or heart.  even sugababes do the former.  b&s do both
obviously.

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com