Sinister: Why eat hamburger when you can eat STEAK?

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Fri May 18 21:55:42 BST 2001

Hello all,

I saw the John Hughes discussion, and I couldn't help mention something that
has always bugged me.  Does anyone else feel Duckie gets a raw deal at the
end of Pretty in Pink?  Here he is, a nice guy in love with his best friend.
  She falls for some hunky rich guy whom she doesn't know, and poor Duckie
is stuck with Annie Potts.  Sure, he acts like a jerk, but only because the
plot forces him to.  In the end, he does the noble thing and lets her go.
What is his reward?  James Spader's skanky left-overs.  Are we really to
believe he just forgets about Molly for that blond 80's whore?  I can't help
but like the movie.  With New Order, the Furs, OMD, and of course, the
smiths on the soundtrack, who can complain?

The best 80's teen movie is "Say Anything..." though.  I can't even begin to
describe it's greatness.

All you lucky UK folks!  I have to wait quite some time to hear Johnathan
David and Carriage Clock.  Does anyone know when they will be on John Peel?

Peace out
-Matt
"there are more wipes than the star wipe"