Sinister: the butcher, baker and the bassline maker

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Sat May 19 19:05:02 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "steven kado" <marcel_proust24 at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 7:26 PM
Subject: Sinister: ne mosquitoes pass

what i,
> however, never wanted; at all ever, and in fact need precicely as much as i
> need tuberculosis, is a collaborative recording of various and sundry 'pop
> hits' from a too thoroughly nostalgised period performed with ersatz
> errudition by a talented but sometimes dull opera singer with help from a
> once great new wave pop song writer (who is now thoroughly washed up and
> operates exclusively in the adult contemporary 'genre').  i just thought i
> would make that clear.  campers yes, A-S vM + EC no.
>
> also robyn fadden mentioned that she, like ruvi like others found kings of
> convenience boring, well i would mention my own contribution to the subject
> on march thirty-first when i said:
>
> >forget kings of convenience they might be popular but they'll never be
> >interesting,
>
> but then sarah clarke said this
>
> >Just the other day
> >I attached a Kings of Convienience album to a pneumatic drill, and
> >terrorised the streets of the Brixton with it. When I dropped it, I drilled
> >a hole right through to the centre of the earth, and scared a few dwarfs
> >down there, who were playing Magic Cards! A ground breaking album indeed,
> ho
> >ho ho!
>
> and now i am madly in love with her.  i love how it also perfectly involves
> nerd-baiting too! rah! take that computer science! but if that wasn't good
> enough:
>
> >Yay, 40 minutes till I can go home and play my BASS. Bass is the best
> >instrument of any.
>
> for real!  my totally ficticious ardour increases exponentially at the
> introduction of such an instrument!  i'm seized by the sudden desire to get
> on my bike, pedal accross the ocean and sweep her away to 'the casbah' and
> get busy putting the ass back in bass...whew!  but then, i'm sure she
> wouldn't have me, what with my mind like a sewer and my heart like a
> fridge...no, instead of lewd, low-end imaginative scenarios i think sarah,
> robyn and i should form some kind of sinister bass conspiracy.  the streets
> would rumble with the sound of our bassy approach.  another reason why bass
> is great is because you can look cooler doing it than any other instrument,
> it gives the perfect aire of detatchment to even the most invloved motion.
>
> my bass is a fake paul mccartney bass.  it is light and tiny.
>
> youn suggested that perhaps EC had seized control of the power grid, or had
> in some how insinuated himself into what germans call kraftwerk, which can
> only be wishful speculation since the thought of him controlling vast
> patterns of lighting in buildings is infinitely preferable to the thought of
> him doing another album, or continuing to wear that aweful little hat.
> really, you'd think cait would make him get a different one, it makes him
> look like some sort of little pet-creature dressed up in human clothes and
> photographed in "endearing" poses for use in tacky hallmark calendars.
> [...]

and if i had a mouthful of coffee it would be all over the screen.

do you think he should join the "best in show" shih tzu's in recreating classic
hollywood?

can i join the bass conspiracy?  i'm not sure how much ass i can put back into it
(though one my computer generated "prison bitch" names is indeed "juicy ass".
another variation that came up was "nipple nibbler".   not bad i guess) but i can
certainly hold down the rhythm whilst other members fly off into fretboard gymnastics
i'm certainly not capable of.

any rip at the magic people also wins my heart.  did the dwarves have half-formed
mustaches and big t-shirts with whales and wolves on them?  were they armed with
wooden swords and a girl in a medieval dress?  if you're gonna do it, you might as
well do it right.

i've heard wildly mixed opinions on the anne sofie encounter myself.  it's still not
in my hands.  what to do, what to do......

buy david byrne's new one in the meantime i guess, complete with lenticular cover and
bonus tracks.  (a borders exclusive!  woo woo!)

(rumor has it there's some light at the end of the tunnel though, steve.  until then,
go play GH!! and remember....he could always be *sting*)

and now i guess some productivity should at least be faked, so off i go

jay

"i bet he thinks he was chosen out of millions"