Sinister: many things of great interest

Hugo Shannon hugoshannon at xxx.com
Sun May 20 02:34:07 BST 2001

hello all!

what a day,
i think i've finally expeienced 'high society' in my adopted hometown.
having recently read american psycho and bonfire of the vanities i was
briefly infatuated with the yuppie lifestyle. ( I could wear those suits,
eat those meals, meet those models...)
however, i was disturbed when i found myself (unwittingly) in the place of
sleazebag english journalist from bonfires, being presented with several
drinks just because i was sitting at the same table as some peple who knew
some people who knew me.

i did drink the drinks.

and i'm talking about nottingham england in case anyone thinks i'm alluding
to much photographed sites of world class glamour.

i've always known there were people who earned good salaries here, i just
never thought i'd go to the sort of place they did. (the social - where
sometimes indie bands play !)
the drinks i drank cost more than those i bought (for the people i did know
who bought me drinks - the fair and reasonable way of spending a nite on the
town). this has left me feeling bad. i didn't want the drinks i was given
(not that much anyway), and i couldn't possibly repay everyone who indulged
me. all i can conclude is that some people are overpaid.

aside from all that, a lot of people have been talking about dreams lately.
some people have sounded quite depressed too. its impossible to say this
without sounding cliched or stupid, but things ALWAYS get better. my
considered advice  - bearing in mind i'm a long way off being grrey haired -
is not to think of pirates or witches (particulatly witches, or even,
forgive me for entertaining the notion - pirate-witches) when trying to
sleep. this should result in less nitemares.

happy dreams  can come true too. they often do. my favourite ever dream
involved me and some friends rescuing a unicorn from a shelter in the woods
made of blue spongy stuff. i was less than 10 years old. i'm pretty sure i'd
not seen ridley scotts's legend at this point in my life. and so,

** belle and sebastian content** hearing judy and the dream of horses  for
the first time struck a chord.

more stuff:

i've got tickets for the albert hall, is there a definite pre gig picnic -
after gig club nite going on? i could stay at my brothers flat but it would
be far more rock and roll to go out and get the first train home -WITHOUT
HAVING SLEPT!!

i'm a little tipsy writing this, and am sure i've broken the 15 min rule.
so i'll continue.

80's films have been discussed. i'm confused betweeen pretty in pink and
some kind of wonderful. is one a remake of the other? ferris beuller has a
cabaret voltaire poster in his room. i think the film would have been
infinitely more satisfying if master ferris had got his comeuppance(sp).

the best 80's film is labyrinth.

this e-mails getting uncontrollably long, so i'll end with an apology for my
mock turtles/pwei pedantry.

perhaps there are two songs by the title can u dig it?  (i just don't know
the mock turtles one. i probably should - i'm sure it would make me a less
uptight person)

love and sweet dreams.
hugo.