Sinister: point reyes

marikka ettirgam at xxx.com
Mon May 21 04:27:30 BST 2001

Well, there are things to say it seems...I shall miss
dear Kenneth P Y Chu, but I certainly hope that the
new Ken Chu might fill the void adequately, but then
again, I was so full of life a year ago.  Now, the
only thing that really excites me is driving to San
Francisco once a month for a show, which means that I
need a good concert in a couple of weeks...Then there
is teh "Some Kind of Wonderful" versus "Pretty in
Pink" issue.  As I recall, the original ending of
"Pretty in Pink" was for Andie to end up with Duckie,
but Molly Ringwald, reportedly did not like the ending
and convinced John Hughes to have her end up making
out with Andrew McCarthy in the parking lot.  Of
course, I too like Andrew McCarthy and would very much
like to make out with said being in a parking lot, but
all of this destroyed the friendship that Molly and
John had developed and resulted in "Some Kind of
Wonderful."  John wanted to tell his story and Eric
Stoltz and Mary Stuart Masterson were not really the
sort of star Molly was, so even if they did want an
ending where Amanda and Keith ended up making out in a
parking lot, they wouldn't have won.  I am sorry if
this has spoiled anything for anyone, but really, if
you didn't already know, you would know approximately
ten minutes into each film.

But I have decided that if prices in San Francisco do
not go down in the next year, I might just have to
move to Seattle, which is not cheap itself, but I
really do like Seattle.

I have no startling Belle & Sebastian news to offer,
except that if you enter "Belle and Sebastian" in the
little search box on cdnow, you only get the
downloadable music, whereas if you enter "Belle &
Sebastian" you get the album and ep listings.  It is a
mystery that I leave someone else to solve.

And now, if no one will decide who is going to plan
the picnic before Albert Hall, I might as well plan
it.  It might be a tad bit cohesive then, but then
again, I really don't know London all that well.  I
know even less about Albert Hall, but people, we are
intelligent enough, you should be able to decide.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to a San Francisco
picnic?  I will settle for some other form of mad
get-together, as long as there is a get-together.  It
is lonely in the valley when people ask what you
listen to and you say, "Bands you probably haven't
heard of."  And the response is, "Like what?"  "Oh,
Belle and Sebastian is one."  And the obligatory
response is: "Who?  Is that a duo or something."  So,
people in San Francisco, unless you want to get
together in Stockton, Manteca, or Sacramento, please
someone step forward.  I would, but I much more
knowledgeable when it comes to the valley.  A fabulous
plan would be something like Point Reyes.

Anyway, I am off to finish the Simpsons and possibly
consume the quesadilla that has been haunting my mind
all day.

Marikka.