Sinister: Jonathon David et al.

Jeremy Tweddle jeremyt at xxx.au
Mon May 21 07:19:40 BST 2001

Hello all,

I'm currently at work and my day is becoming slowly more and more pointless.
Excepting one point, and that is the knowledge that even mediocrity can
sometimes contain genius.

"What!? Has the poor fellow gone mad?" I see you ask...

No, well not completely.

Actually I was flicking through a copy of Captain Corelli's Mandolin (yes,
the mediocre=popular book of the same name) during my lunch break and
happened upon a piece of text that bore some resemblance to a B&S lyric.

On page 31, in the second last paragraph is the line "Initially I did not
have time to make anyone a Jonathon to my David."

Personally I thought the concept of B&S finding inspiration in mediocrity an
interesting one, then again I'm probably a bad gauge.

Just thought you might like to know.

Jeremy