Sinister: 2 free Dumfermline "tix" (maybe)

j r kananen jkananen at xxx.net
Tue May 22 03:18:17 BST 2001

>My friend has a Dreamcast game-burning business now.  I don't play
>videogames much, but they're free!  Am I a bad person?

No no no no no, never think you're a bad person because you are foiling a
corporation.  You are a, well, not quite a "good" person.  Remember that you
are "stealing."  Well, theft can be used as a measure of success in any
capitalist nation.  Without property, there is nothing to steal.  So the
more property, the more there is to steal, the more there is to steal, the
more theft will take place; this is the measure of any capitalist society.
So in a way, you are complimenting the corporations by showing that its
property is worth theft; therefor, worth more than the corporations
competitors.  Believe me when I say that thieves are needed in any
capitalist society.

>Does anybody else understand the appeal of Anime?  My roommate is addicted,
>and I just don't understand why.  It's bewildering.

What's not to like ????  Seriously, anime is an extremely viable, and often
a very deep medium.  Now not all anime is "good."  Shows like "Slayers,"
"Dragonball," and anything hentai (pornographic) are like anything, the 90%
of the medium that is bad, very bad.  But it cannot be denied that other
shows like "Neon Genesis Evangelion," "Cowboy Bebop," "Ghost in the Shell,"
"Akira," and others too numerous to mention, push art forward and offer a
philosophical outlook often more compelling than modern films of the day.  I
am a film student, and I must say that my favorite film, animated or
otherwise, is "End of Evangelion," which is the theatrical conclusion to the
TV series mentioned above.  It outclasses most everything I've ever seen,
and those that are on its level, or even above, rarely, if ever, connect
with its audience in a more profound way.

phew....
ok off the soapbox
sorry to fill your mailbox with my musings, just had to defend Japanese
Animation and thieves everywhere (Shoplifters of the world, unite and take
over!)
- Jason
- we got heads on sticks -
Radiohead Kid A