Sinister: take jonathan and shove david

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Wed May 23 03:53:49 BST 2001

i keep getting carriage clocks mixed up with grandfather clocks, and
envisioning very painful scenes (well, more painful - i don't suppose a
carriage clock is something one wants shoved anywhere either, especially if
it's one of those ones with the big gold balls...)

a higher power has been at work, leading me to buy one more b&s ticket than
i turned out to need, just so i could be the means of getting the
superlative (indeed, i have a strong urge to say 'most superlative') ailsa
ross (that's *Ailsa Ross*) to the albert hall.  how have we done without
her?

bass players: the circles in which i move these days led me to some sort of
reggae event last night.  my conviction that all bass players are always a)
the most attractive and b) the coolest member of any given pop combo (ok,
this was mostly because i had a teenage crush on alex james) was severely
shaken by the white jeans and accountant's hair of last night's bassist.
convictions - not all they're cracked up to be.

i won a holiday on a scratch card last week.  i think i have to pay for the
flights though which is crap because prizes are meant to, you know, *save*
you paying for stuff.  plus i have to save up for CANADA.  yup, if i talk
like i'm going for long enough then maybe i will actually get off my arse
and do it.  went to see margaret atwood read on sunday, yet another
vicarious canadian experience... mmm, canada.

recommendations for kate from chicago:  going on the fact(s) that you like
b&s and hefner, you should listen to ANT.  ANT is good. yay ANT.  etc.  ant
is in hefner.  but sounds more like b&s.  so you can't lose really.  thanks
to david moore for this link www.antpop.com

i agree with arik that ally sheedy's makeover in the breakfast club is one
of cinema's greatest crimes.  from rock goddess to poodle in 3 minutes.
hidden message: smoking marijuana is bad as makes unwary teenagers commit
acts of brutality with blusher.

<was going to continue with important analysis of duckie/denouement in PIP
but feel topic stretching seams of white cotton panties already>

good to see jarkko back, though in perhaps less happy circumstances than we
would wish for him.  cheer up jake - nothing a bit of healthy debate and
faux eighties nostagia won't solve i'm sure.  (for more jarkko, see
www.buzzwords.org.uk.  sorry if anyone is waiting for the site to be updated
by the way, my esteemed colleague at buzzwords HQ is selling his mum's
house, and obviously it's a big job trying to do it without her noticing.)

i bought the *first* tindersticks album in oxfam today.  just to be
contrary.

the whole of the above post tells me that i have completely lost the art of
the graceful segue since leaving university.

short paragraphs, however, are good.  any step further away from being henry
james is good.

luv archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com