this is otis. i love otis Re: Sinister: Superlative? Shurely shome mishtake?

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Wed May 23 00:37:50 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ailsa Ross" <ailsa_ross at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 4:13 PM
Subject: Sinister: Superlative? Shurely shome mishtake?
once, which is more than Radio One

> Since I came back, people have been talking a lot about Pretty in Pink and
> the Breakfast Club, which is A GOOD THING.  Rachel, who is my new favourite
> person in the world, said
>
> >hidden message: smoking marijuana is bad as makes unwary teenagers commit
> >acts of brutality with blusher.
>
> It also makes Emilio Estevez dance in a way which makes me wonder what it
> was he was *really* smoking.  I used to quite like Emilio Estevez when I was
> young - I think it was his unrequited love for Andie McDowell in St Elmo's
> Fire which did it.  I'm quite a sucker for the unlucky in love.  Especially
> when they try hard.  Ducky deserved to be on his own for not trying hard
> enough.  I like losers who end up winning in the end.  It kind of restores
> your faith, even if it hardly ever happens in real life, only in Frasier and
> Dawson's Creek.

i feel i must respond to this.  while i agree that few things are more crushing than
driving an unreliable car through snow to find your beloved shacked up in the woods
with steve, you *know* that was really his name, that's the american version of
"marco", *but*.....ducky didn't try hard enough?

i dare say he tried *too* hard.  he went too far.  at least in andie's eyes.  and it
blew up in his face, much like the little can of tiny borders mints i was just trying
to open.  i think his undoing was shifting from the positivity of his love to his
hatred of *blaine*.  they're both rooted in the same thing, but everyone knows you
don't win too many points with anger in these situations.  *however*, he did not
deserve kristy swanson while that major appliance was somehow deemed redeemable.  i
was angry when i walked out of that theater 15 years ago, even though i wasn't quite
sure why, being ten and somewhat inexperienced, and i'm still angry.  i bet jon cryer
is too.  "but john, i wanna make out with andrew at the end of the movie, not *jon*."
and look at what karma did to her for that fateful decision.  "playing for
keeps"....."fresh horses"......."townies"

yet despite myself i'm still completely gaga over the woman.  she's aged superbly and
looked fantastic in interview last year.  sorry to hear about the white limos though.
that *is* a bit gauche.

always a duckman,

jay

"how can i turn the other cheek?  it's black and bruised and torn"