Sinister: Get Fresh (for summer)

Dan Metcalfe DanMetcalfe at xxx.com
Wed May 23 09:31:25 BST 2001

{lest us not forget the scene where Andy has it out with Harry Dean Stanton
over his denial of her mother's death - man that's a lump in the
throat/trickle a tear moment}

I'm reading Slyvia Plath's 'The Bell Jar' at the moment & wow is it good.
The main character reminds me a bit of B&S, or at least the people in their
lyrics (eg. Emma in '...modern rock song'). Hmmm, that kind of 'me against
the world (or society's constructed notions or something)' thing that she
has. Though I'm not sure if there's any sub-text going on yet (I often need
them pointing out), which might supersede this rebel thang. So there's a
recommendation for ya.

Well, it turns out that someone has snapped up the last 2 seats in our box
at RAH, grrr! Only kidding - the two guys who had not got off their arses to
phone for tickets aren't that big fans (late fate be their judge) & they can
go to the Scarborough gig anyway. So a big Yorkshire hello to our box 24
chums!

argh! - I finished my Ribena.
huzzah! - the morning is still sunny. We *may* have a warm UK summer (shock
horror).

I only did English at GCSE, so you'll find my posts are full of (parenthesis
(of (all kinds>}) - more of a science boy you see.

T-ra,

Dan.

me and my baby doll,
never went to the beach.