Sinister: what's the opposite of nostalgia?

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Wed May 23 19:31:16 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "denial wil" <lastaristide at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 12:52 PM

>     I hope to add to the confusion involving Grace from the little Ferris
> Bueller movie.  If my memory serves us well she played the neighbor named
> Bonnie in the 80's television show "small wonder".  The show revolved around
> a robot girl named VICI (voice input child identicant)and her families
> desire to keep VICI's history a secret.  The show was basically an ALF
> rip-off with a robot playing the part of the alien.  I only remember this
> show because I thought VICI was so very cute and this was so very very
> wrong.......humans and robots can never be in love,  or so I was told.
> goodbye.

and here i thought i was the only one who remembered this show.  come on, sing the
theme with me!

then again........

this was also the era of the new gidget and........."out of this world" was it?  the
show about the mother, who i think was patti d'arbanville, who was actually an alien.
you know the song..."would you like to swing on a star?  whoa whoa whoa  carry
moonbeams home in a jar....."    sorry about that.  those two were mildly depressing
late saturday morning shows, signaling the start of the boring saturday afternoon,
which they usually were if you were 12 or 13.  "small wonder" was on sunday
afternoons, which made it all the more worse, just to tell you that you were still
bored *and* you now had to go back to school soon.

middle school is not something i remember fondly at all.

oh, by the way, "grace"'s name is edie mcclurg.  she was indeed ubiquitous.

jay

"finally through the roof"