Sinister: Frogs in the snow

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Thu May 24 14:33:53 BST 2001

Hello,

I am currently sitting back at home, back in Milton Keynes, rediscovering the
joys of the Television.  In particular, the early morning children's TV
programs, how the enthusiastic actors are thriving to expand the horizons of
children in their knowledge.

One particular one is "Captain Crimson", it uses the storyline of a comic
writer to teach kids to distinguish between words such as "should" "could" and
"would".. I would give you an example but should I do that I could well make a
fool out of myself.

But that wasn't the best thing I've learnt tho, no.  During one episode, they
were discussing how to write an adventure story, and I was in a semi-asleep
mode still whilst watching it (it was like 11am for God's sake), suddenly I
was awaken by the line "IT'S AN ADVENTURE WITH NOBS ON!".

That really woke me up, and then I realised that it was 11am BBC2 rather than
11pm Channel 5, disappointed, I fell asleep again.

The next day, disillusioned, I put on Channel 4 instead, the tweenies were on,
they were making wallpaper borders using different shapes made using
vegetables and sponges as stamps.  In the sleepy mode again, I was woken up by
"I'M DOING THE FAIRY'S HEAD WITH MY CARROT!"

Kids, these days.  They'll start writing songs about being in a lift with
lesbians soon.

I then watched "Live Talk" on ITV at 2pm, but I was really miffed when there
was a temporary fault that cut off the intelligent conversation the presenters
were having about how the mirrors of Marks and Spencers make them look fat,
and their bums look big.  Good advert for girl power.

I am very glad that Larry has finally made it to the list, and he said:
"the Dome chips are better than Mister Fast Fry chips.  I think the Dome wins,
but then I am a frog I don't know anything."

I don't really know anything either, but I'm sure most chips in the world are
better than Fry Chips that sound as if they are named after a porn star.  (And
the name would suggest a pretty rubbish porn star too)

Robert Donlan said:
>>The comment bout Autechre was actually very funny. Good stuff, whoever said
it.<<

It probably was me, I can't remember what I said tho, I hope I didn't say
anything rude like "Autechre rocks - they are a bag of stones".

Hannah Brown said:
>>tindersticks..I got to the front and was wedged inbetween, a twat... and two
girly girls that talked.... <<

I don't really know the tindersticks, but I think I would start going to their
gigs.

I think I have the OBAD symptoms, they always say, the first step to the cure
of an obsession is to admit it, well that I have done now, so I think finally
my OBADing days are over.  I just hope that no one have been taking pictures
of my obsession, unless we're talking about my obsession with buffy, in which
case I want to see the pictures.

Girl wedges and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: People who aren't already the part of sinisterfitba should join, the
first kickabouty was great fun, especially if you don't cripple yourself after
five minutes.. ahem :-)