Sinister: tetotalitarian

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Thu May 24 15:38:43 BST 2001

Good morning all!

It sure is a lovely morning, and I'm dead tired.  I noticed somebody
mentioned Utilitarianism.  I believe Ian was correct in his definition.  I
took an Ethics class last semester, and we learned that Utilitarianism is
assigning values to certain situations and deciding what was morally right
based on what came out with a higher number of points.  I think the idea of
assigning a value to joy or sadness is preposterous.  Who is to decide what
is more joyous to another person than it is for another?  Does that make
sense?

I loved Kate's thoughts on nostalgia.  I get more nostalgic every year.  I
remember hating my 11th grade year of high school, but now I can only think
fondly of it and I actually miss it.  I saw the "1979" video last night and
almost cried remembering how awesome 8th grade was.

I know it's old news, but I saw Miss Gracie from Ferris Bueller in the movie
Airborne last night.  Don't ask me why I was watching it, but I just
couldn't turn off "the world's only rock n' rollerbladin movie!"

I can't find Johnathan David online anywhere.  I did find a live version of
"Carriage Clock" though.  I also checked out Hefner, and found them to be
pretty rockin'.

I received a traffic ticket last night for cutting off a cop whilst running
a red light.  Let it be known that I'm a complete idiot.

I'm done wasting time now.  I think I'm gonna find some Dorothy Parker to
see what all the fuss is about.

-Matt