Sinister: Stucco obelisks labelled as trees / Pulling mussels from the shell

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Thu May 24 21:31:48 BST 2001

Hello friends,

Allow me to start this with the token phrase,
"Oh, all you lucky people who get to see Belle &
Sebastian live, I'm so jealous, etc." But you
are lucky, and I am jealous.

I drafted a letter to Isobel to see if she
wanted to go to prom, but I never sent it.

That's the extent of my B&S content, for this
time, at least.

There are a few things that prompted me to post,
I believe that two of those things came from
the illustrious Pinefox! (note the exclamation
point denoting increased illustrious-ness).

1. Points of/raised by Pinefox

a. Squeeze.

I remember as a lad listening to Singles;
45's and Under. (Somebody help me out with that, am
I even close to the title?) My father had it on
vinyl and I would jump around and play with my cat
during the particularly happy numbers and more
than likely do considerable damage to the record.
But right, they're great.

b. Edward Gorey

Fascinating, his works and his life. I recently
read a biography on him entitled 'The Strange
Case of Edward Gorey,' written by a friend of his.
Has anyone got a favorite Gorey tale? I'm rather
fond of the Pious Infant, personally.

The preceding subpoints may not have even been
raised by Pinefox, but oddly enough his posts
stick out in my mind.

2. Hye Min

a. Weezer

The new Weezer album is incredible (though
they don't seem to be too terribly popular
on the list). Maybe in five more years
we'll have another 28 minutes of greatness.
Although word on the street is that their
newer stuff is dark, like Pinkerton. Which is
good, cause Pinkerton's still my favorite.

Has anyone ever listened to a group called
The Locust? I'm starting to grow attached
to their self-titled disc. I think my favorite
song off of that album is probably a toss-up
between 'Moth Eaten Deer Head' and 'Cattle
Mutilation.' They don't really sound anything
like Belle & Sebastian at all.

So, with that I suppose I'll retreat back
for awhile. Hope everyone's doing well. Has
anyone seen Coldplay live or is going to
see them on June 2nd at the Electric Factory?
My friend got me tickets so I'm rather curious.

Sincerely,

Timothy.

xoxo

p.s. LL, got the Pixies b-sides disc finally,
I'll be sure to write you, er, one of these days.
Terribly sorry, been busy with school and such.