Sinister: Preston School of Industry*

Clarke, Sarah J (EU) Sarah.J.Clarke at xxx.uk
Fri May 25 16:46:28 BST 2001

Chaps,

> If anyone's going to Preston and knows where the hell the
> theatre is, I'd
> love to hear from you. Miss Clarke EU?

Righty-ho. Directions. From Preston train station:

* bimble out of the station. go out of the main doors where the ticket
offices are, walk up, and then turn right. walk straight along that street
you're on (fishergate), passing a loada banks (so you can get out some
'wonga' for ALE), a Woolworths and HMV, and you'll see a Waterstones
bookshop on the right. Turn *left* and you'll be on a big square
(flagmarket). Walk diagonally across (to the left hand side of the Harris
library), then look up the street going alongside of the Harris and you will
see ta da! Preston Guildhall!

Directions from bus station:
Walk in the direction away from where the National Express coaches are...
you'll reach a kiosk at the end of the station, with a subway leading
downwards towards Brewsters. It'll be seedy and probably smell of wee. Go
down this subway! When you come out of subway, you will be in Guildhall
arcade! And therefore, there! Hurrah!

I'll try and find some online maps as well, but I can't get proper internet
access from here. I'm sure there will be a map on the UCLAN website, here:
http://www.uclan.ac.uk (I think!) I would imagine this would show the way!
The main street you're looking for is Fishergate, the square is Flag Market
and the Guildhall is RIGHT by the bus station, so if you can see how to get
there you're basically sorted for Guildhall.

Booze beforehand, chaps? Very nice park, in the shape of Avenham park for
the twee picnicking option, but also a few half decent boozers and places to
eat for those suitably inclined. Ie, great place that does huge garlic bread
and cheese, funny little Italian place and ur, McDonalds. The local goth
caff will also be open for pints of Vimto (grand!) and nine year old kids in
Nirvana tops! YEAH! Mail me for any more suggestions possibly?

This is all surrealistically beautiful. I love it!

I've said "chaps" twice.

Hmmm, time to go and listen to 70s who and have a Cup of Tea.

Cheers,
Kei...shit, Sarah!!

* Anyone going to see them at their London show?