Sinister: a nice day for a party, if it weren't for the robots

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Mon May 28 01:36:36 BST 2001

  my father has just stumbled through the door with thirty pounds of
beef, and mother's been watching the news again and now she's
fretting that the cantaloupe will strike our unsuspecting guests with
a bout of salmonella.  i say we should all just stick to spinach
salad and beer, but, alas, it's not my party.
  it's never my party these days, mostly because i'm too lazy to
phone anyone.  my diabolically noisy roommate threw a bash in our
flat the other night, and everyone much enjoyed the classic 50's
decor and the abundance of cheap beer. i was hiding in my room, and
managed to gather a nice bunch of kids by playing amnesiac loudly
enough to balance the blaring house music in the sitting room.  then
we moved into the dining room and were having a wonderful discussion
about sex, food, robots, and the clash, listening to some kids' demo
tape (of the punk genre), when suddenly a studly male swept into the
room, announced that he "hated punk," called us a derogatory term,
and proceeded to turn the music down.  we all sat silent for a
moment, and then a dear boy kindly dressed up in a robot suit and we
all took out our aggression by repeatedly punching the box covering
his midsection.
  my other roommate had a party the next night, and the only notable
event of the evening was a sweet boy with a beautiful amber ring
giving me advice regarding the pros and cons of plucking vs. waxing
one's eyebrows.

Care2 make the world greener!