Sinister: beachcombing for golden nuggets of news...

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Mon May 28 21:05:47 BST 2001

Dearest Sinisterettes,
Greetings from the shores of Niko.
It's been an inordinate amount of time since I posted
- I dodged around the flotsam of ATP (It was good;
trust the reports.  I also got to play cricket), then
waded through the deep lagoon of pre-single/pre-tour
anxiousness.
But now I can dispense with the analogies and see who
is left on my picnic blanket to talk to, about gigs
and stuff.

GIG
Is ANYONE going to the Cardiff gig?
I mean, it'd be cool for it to be just my 10 friends
(that's all I have...sob). but I'd like my "Sinister
people I've met" tally to pass 3 (that includes my
crush, sadly).
An email and possible pre/post/mid gig drinky could be
arranged...free beer for you...?

B&S BADGES
have been 'discontinued', says Ms House.  Should any
people have spares/extras/generous hearts, I will pay
OBSCENE amounts of spondoolicks for 2 (like £10 for
both?).  I thou art feeling generous enough to sell
them to me, please email!

UTILITARIANISM
I was reading 'Teach Yourself Ethics' when that debate
started.   Freaky.

MUSIC
'South' have been billed to play in Bristol twice now
without ACTUALLY turning up.  I am going to shout at
Mo Wax.
'Mull Historical Society' are not good, I was just
listening to them and they sound like fucked-up circus
music.  Scary 'It' Clowns as well ("Don't you want a
balloon?"...shudder...)

SEE SPOT RUN
is the worst movie I have ever seen.  Someone needed
to accompany my little brother, and I 'short-strawed'.
 Afterwards, I went to find paint dry to realign my
brain.

PROMISES
What with the election at all, many Sinister people
may have noticed my common resemblance to a politician
- unfulfilled promises.
Rest assured, after June 27th, thou wilst be truly
satisfied - indeed, some of you will get more than you
may deserve.
Does that sound sinister enough? (cue Jaws music...)

LIST RULES
Does the 15-minute rule apply to devising?  I mean, i
spend 4 months planning my emails...

DOUGLAS ADAMS
Proves the rule that too much exercise can kill you.
Now for me to take heed and sleep...'The Hitch-Hikers
Guide' is still fabulous.  I checked last week as I
tidied my room (a 5-day campaign...)

CHARTS
Yes, New Mr Chu, I really really liked it, it was (it
was) wicked.  That's my stomach song.  There's a
stupid story behind that.
To be honest, I think that song deserved #1 over
Radiohead.  Their [Radiohead's] new album is literally
"Kid B".  How dull.

What amazes me is how I can skim these 9 pebbles of
knowledge across the Sini-sea without causing a single
ripple.  How sad...

Ciao Tuttis,
Love Niko
xxx

PS content - Ooh! Ooh! Singles and Gigs!  Ooh! (I'm
actually pleased about the former for 'Middle Distance
Runner', and the second as it's a day after mon jou de
vivre).

And I really do read every message of yours. How many
of you have seen this, I wonder...