Sinister: competition results

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Tue May 29 03:36:12 BST 2001

mmm... weekend dominated by ribena ice lollies.  also by getting my hair cut
outrageously short, thus ruining my supposedly pre-raphaelite image but
trading it in for a much cooler jean seberg/audrey hepburn one.

thanks for all your entries to the dk competition - i learned some
interesting things :)

here are my 5, which in fact no-one gave all of, probably because one of
them isn't actually a word, on reflection:

bodkin
bedknob (hmm)
weedkiller
vodka
handkerchief

weedkiller was the supposed 'only' one, by the way.  most people got bodkin
and (quel suprise) vodka.  roadkill and groundkeeper were also put forward a
few times, but i think are american usage only so don't count.

i've decided to arbitrarily give the mixtape to arik, who was the first to
reply, although i still don't know what a 'godkin' is.  i just hope he likes
inexpert blends of hip hop, alt country, motown and indie pop...

now, who can tell me the only word to contain all the vowels in alphabetical
order?

luv archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com