Sinister: Leigh (only one hour North of Auckland) ... are you ready to rock?

scott mannion filmout99 at xxx.com
Wed May 30 04:04:33 BST 2001

*scott the ever dormant (though always listening) listee decides to add
his two pennys*

As 'one of the three' listees in attendance I think I should also
comment on what a fantastic evening it was. It was the second time I've
properly met Lawrence, and Sean (the visiting London doctor) also drove
for an hour and a half to attend, my first meeting with him. It's
amazing that, because of this list, you can meet a stranger and
immediately have something in common with them.

I also met a girl at the end of the night who I worked out listens to
B&S, it seems she would be a listee but she hasn't worked out how to
join yet (I know I was confused at first). I told her it was worth the
effort, so maybe things are looking up down here. Come on all you
closet NZ listees, this could become a beautiful thing.

Unfortunately I was a little stressed out as I was doing the sound for
the evening (for my own group as well), and we had problems with things
breaking and stuff (if it wasn't for a friend deciding she should give
me a massage, I don't think I would of coped...mmmm).

The show was the first time Lawrence or Sean had seen The Brunettes, but
I have the good fortune to be currently recording their debut album
with Jonathan, the mastermind behind the group. My position might seem
a little biased, but I really think this band is something magic,
there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. Recording harpsichords and
glocks and string quartets is sooooooo much fun (though going two
nights at a time without any sleep is less fun :))

Though I hate the idea about talking about my own music in a list post,
I feel I just have to point out a couple of thing related to Lawrence's
post. Firstly (and this is going to seem very nitpicky), the project is
actually called plasticene with an e. It's not Lawrence's mistake, it's
my flatmates, who took it upon himself to put that song on mp3.com, and
to spell the name differently (oh and the dreadful artwork has nothing
to do with me either)...but I still love the guy anyway, I just didn't
want to hurt his feelings for the effort he went to, and I have no idea
how to change it myself :)

Has there been a discussion yet about how cool 'The Prisoner' is? (60s
t.v. show), recently finished watching the series.

Be seeing you,

Love,

Scott