Sinister: A SUMMER WASTING: Los Angeles Picnic 2001

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Wed May 30 05:47:08 BST 2001

OK....

Hushed plans were made and top-secret discussions were had in dark cavernous
meeting-places, and now we're ready to emerge from underground with the
announcement of A SUMMER WASTING: Los Angeles Sinister Meetup 2001, on
Saturday June 9, starting at Griffith Observatory and ending up who knows
where.

See our webpage for more details and to sign up:
www.asummerwasting.homestead.com

Everyone in the western US is urged to cancel all previous plans; whether
you drive, walk, thumb, crawl, or tapdance there, you *shall* attend.  We'll
picnic on the grass under the statue of Galileio, listen to music, dance,
eat, chuck the frisbee, admire the view of the LA skyline and 'Hollywood'
sign, re-enact scenes from "Rebel Without A Cause", maybe even take a short
hike in the hills (is this a first, a Sinister hike?).  We might even
actually enter the Observatory to (gasp!) learn a thing or two about
astronomy or planets or something.  From there, we'll probably carpool to
Aaron's Records to browse LA's largest and best selection of new & used CDs.
Then to a cafe?  Then to Canter's (or maybe Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles for
some soul-food?) if we're still hungry.  And Adrian has already scored the
Ribena!

BEING FOR THE BENEFIT OF SINISTER:  The Pickle Prince will dance and sing,
as Ernie S. flies through the ring without a sound!  And Rachel C. will
demonstrate ten somersets she'll undertake on solid ground.  And of course,
Henry the Horse dances the waltz.  So don't be shy!  There will probably
only be about 15 or 20 of us, and we're all really friendly and nice.
Honest!

Bring something yummy to eat, instruments to play, and music to hear.  And
bring friends!!  I'll have a portable CD player, and my digital camera to
record the moment for those poor souls who can't attend.  But if you're
within a 600-mile radius on that day, we expect to see you there!  Clothing
optional.

Love,
Your Los Angeles Ambassadors-who-can't-wait-to-meet-you
www.asummerwasting.homestead.com