Sinister: my picnic's bigger than yours (or probably not)

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Wed May 30 11:31:11 BST 2001

So, oxford picnic.  Hmm, there have been various divers suggestions, but i
think on balance the 23 of June has the most going for it for numerous
reasons:

weekends before and after are GIGS and thus pretty rubbish for random
picnics and the weekend after that is the H-YOU-GE radioheed gig and thus
oxford will grind to an almighty halt for the duration.  The panic, the
vomit indeed.

More details nearer the time, but the idea is to have it in South Park,
mainly because we can then follow the traditional picnic rules and have it
at the top of a hill, overlooking the dreaming spires :)

Also (what's that noise) on the thursday nite before, ie 21st (I'm sure I
can hear something), myself and various other reprobates (it's getting
louder) will be hosting our first fantastic (oh my god, it's a GIANT PLUG)
!I!N!D!I!E!D!I!S!C!O!  So you can arrive from your assorted territories on
the thursday evening, have a top nite out, skive off on the friday and sit
in the pub with me all day and then we'll have the picnic on the Saturday,
is that a plan?

What's that you say, i haven't told you enough about our fantastic

!I!N!D!I!E!D!I!S!C!O!

OK then, just this once, I'll go into detail (and if you believe that...)

S&P in association with freakytrigger.co.uk present:

!S!U!S!S!E!D!

Thursday 21 June 10pm-2am at Club Latino, The Plain, Oxford, £3 to get in,
fun and frolics with djs Carsmile, Cabbage and Cockfarmer on the decks.

An evening of indie loveliness, including belle & sebastian, hefner, pulp
[insert big list of indie bands here, frankly i was doing the poster at like
midnite last nite and i'm not sure what i put]

y'know, all the stuff you can dance to...

see, doesn't that sound exciting, aren't you glad you asked :)  The first
nite is also the official relaunch party for freaky trigger, the fantastic
music website run by the semi-sinister Tom Ewing.

Hopefully we'll run every couple of weeks through the summer, if the first
one goes OK, and we're on the lookout for guest djs (stoopid dj name not
obligatory) if anyone wants to offer their deck skeels...

xoxo
CarsmileSteve