Sinister: lost property

Andrew Williams (UKHQ - Merch) AWillia at xxx.com
Thu Nov 1 09:05:29 GMT 2001

Well.

Some mad Greek bird said:
> AndRew Williams hasn't posted for a while... why
> Andrew?

And you can't really argue with that. I'm lazy. I've become settled in my
role as a perpetual lurker. I don't really have much to say. Last time I
said something it all got taken the wrong way and ended in tears. I'll be
more careful this time.

So anyway, Vel and others have commented on the Divine Comedy splitting up.
A very sad business. My view is that they went from being a big small band
to being a small big band and it didn't quite work out. The world is a
poorer place without them, and I for one do not believe that Divine
Comedy=Neil Hannon.

David Moore talked about the Gorkys album, and boy was he right. Shame it
hasn't really sold that well, but isn't that always the way? Other things of
great beauty: The Beachwood Sparks album, the Kevin Tihista album and the
Tompaulin album.

Right, that's the boring stuff out of the way.

I work in London for a chain of shops, and have to sit in on/coordinate
various meetings in the run up to Christmas. For work purposes, "Christmas"
is defined as the period between the 5th of November (that's this Monday,
kids) and January 14th. Now, in ballpark terms, this means that 1/6th of our
lives are taken up with Christmas. Now, I dunno... I just think there's
something wrong about this. I'd guess it's worse in the States, cos
Halloween is a much bigger deal, right? But it seems to me it's only a
matter of time before everyday is always "something" - don't get me wrong,
if I worked as the guy who made up little rhymes in cards or something I'd
be made up. Maybe it's just emotional overload. There just doesn't seem to
be as much to get excited about anymore.

Hmm. That wasn't very exciting either.

With that, I'd better be off. I'll try to write again soon. It's possible
that over the weekend someone from Sinister may be EXPOSED as a MURDERER.
But I'll keep you posted.

On a Belle & Sebastian related note, they played TBWTAS in the pub we were
playing darts in the other night, which may go some way to explaining why I
played so fantastically. Well, fantastically badly.

all the best,

Andrew.

PS - Vel isn't really a mad Greek bird. I've heard she can cook pissed bird
though.