Sinister: I'm making puns for us

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 1 14:04:33 GMT 2001

Something tells me I've been posting far too much
(shite) these past few weeks so I'll think I'll make
this my last one before I disappear into a period of
lurkerdom so my legend becomes even greater.  "Did
Robster actually exist?"  "I met him once.  I think."
"Did he EVER post about B&S?"  Thats what they'll say.
 Before you know it I'll be a cult figure.  I've
frequently been called a cult, I think, but then my
hearing's quite poor.

Stuart Gardiner relayed the thrilling showdown between
the Wills and Rachels.  This poor laptop hasn't been
laughed at so much in weeks.

Worryingly, he mentioned a future Roberts/Robins face
off.  Now I don't think there has been any formal
declaration of war on this front and I certainly have
nothing against any of the Robins or Robyns on the
list...  Ah what the hell - Oi Stout!  I'll see you in
the playground at home time.  Bring yer anecdotes.
We'll soon see who works in the more bizarre office!
Grrr!  'The Office' is bluddy superb, by the way, and
so close to the truth it's almost too excruciating to
watch.

Talking of TV comedy, I was at Broadcasting House last
night for a screening of the new series of 'Big Train'
(those who religiously follow my posts will know
this).  It was hilarious and you'll be able to see it
next year but with the sound of me laughing all over
it.  Without giving too much away, the new series
features the best use of Kevin Rowland in a comedy
sketch ever.

I think the under 20s love club is a bad idea too but
that's because I'm an old git.  Maybe some of us
should start meeting exclusively at over-25 bars just
cos we can.  Actually that's a terrible idea; over 25
bars are horrible.  Let's just keep it one big happy
loved-up list can we.  Apart from the Robins.*

Robster

* Joking!!