Sinister: What's a "lazy gett"?

Joe Vester machiavellian_llama at xxx.com
Thu Nov 1 18:20:58 GMT 2001

Sinister under 20s would rawk. And I can be a member for the next 5 years or
so.
    Speaking of which, there seems to be an abundance of 15 year olds
flooding the list.Ok, I know of 3 (Astrid, Rachel Grapenut and myself) so
far, but I spent a long time (ok, a couple of months) on this list thinking
I was the only sinistereen even nearly my age.  Anyhow, my birthday's 22nd
Feb (same as George Washington), when's everybody else's?
    So, I came home from School today thinking, right, today, I will write a
really bitchy post. Well, not exactly bitchy but a bit pissed off at stuff.
Because yesterday, I posted a post I had written the day before yesterday
(when I was feeling all happy). And yesterday, I felt pissed off, but felt
it would be wrong of me to post twice in just a few hours. But now I'm
feeling all happy again, so my posts are back in synchronisation with my
moodiness.
    I have good reason for feeling happy this week. I beleive this to be the
first week (so far) since I joined the school (2 and a bit years ago) that
no-one has even attempted to humilate me, insult me or otherwise make my
life a living hell. Isn't that nice for me? Actually, this almost certainly
_has_ happenned before, but I've just forgotten it or didn't notice.
    Lastly, I am going round to dinner at a friend of my mum's house. This
isn't just any friend, though. You see, when I was small, her son was my
best friend. We always went on holiday together and stuff. But it's changed
since then. We went to different schools and then started growing apart.
Recently, though I discovered him to be a friend of the biggest bastard in
my whole school. I wonder what he's like nowadays. It will be an odd
experience. Re-visting childhood memories when you haven't really stopped
being a child yet.
    Anyway, That was quite a short post, but sometimes it's satisfying
reading a short post as you can just drop in, and then go, having gained
soemthing without really doing anything for it.
    And as one final thing, What is a Lazy Gett? Is it just scottish for
Lazy Git or does it mean something subtly different.
    !Viva Rachels! (being a rachel really makes ending your posts in an
interesting way sooo much easier)

Joe