Sinister: the nights are long and the thrills are short

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Thu Nov 1 19:11:29 GMT 2001

Hello sinister,

All this under 20's sinister stuff is making me reach for my pension book.
Even when i joined sinister I was 20 so I have never qualified for this
exclusive club.
Lots of people said lots of things in lots of posts but I deleted all of
them so i can remember little except:

hurrah a London picnic I might be able to actually make for once as I am
staying in London that week.

and I remember someone saying something about the Divine Comedy. Their
existence has passed me by somewhat. I liked Generation Sex, hated National
Express and just remember Steve Lamacq/Jo Whiley playing a lot of their old
stuff in the days when the evening session was an indie kid bible. ahhh....
golden evenings in front of the wireless doing my GSCEs.

i was glad not to be at home last night for the trick or treating crap that
goes on. Kids round my way dont even want sweets, they want hard cash. Half
of them dont even bother dressing up.
I wasnt scared at all this Halloween. Until I checked my bank balance that
was.
I've got an exam tomorrow. Multiple guess and only an hour long but I really
dont want the ignomy of failure so i have done work for it. Not enough to
feel supremely confident but pass mark is something sily like 40%

I heard the whole B&S EP yesterday and very sonorous it is too. I would say
go buy it but preaching to the converted and all that...
I will recommend 69 love songs by the Magnetic Fields though. i dont play it
enough and when I do, it's tremendous.

This post seems to be all "me me me" so I will end by saying
have very nice days and evenings everyone.