Sinister: ROCK ON STEVIE!!!

colin thornton colinboy21 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 2 16:53:29 GMT 2001

Dear everyone,

I was listening to the live mix of Belle and Sebastian in Los Angeles
yesterday, and I came upon a moment in the concert when Stuart called a
young couple up to the stage (and they better hurry before he changes his
mind).  The song that Stuart played for them was "Wrong Girl".  I thought-
how appropriate.  I wonder what that song meant to that young couple, but I
know what it meant to me.  That girl dancing might've been the right girl
for "Jarvis", but she was probably the wrong girl for me.  I must say,
though, that the girl made a wonderful crush and deserves a good guy who
lives a lot closer.

I find the current thread of love and crushes to be entirely relevant to my
life, since I have found one and lost the other.  I agree with Rachel when
she said that an e-relationship can cause people to write things that they
normally wouldn't.  For instance, I would flirt wildly with my crush
(without thought to consequence).  The problem came when I was faced with
the very serious proposition to move very far away and live with her- this
wonderful, yet very anonymous girl.  Suddenly, I became confused (and
pretended I wasn't) and I fumbled around like an ass trying to figure out
what the hell I was doing.  In the middle of all this, just to completely
turn my world upside down, I found romance (when I least expected it).

Amy Bancroft, Michigan's own MIA, re-visited my life, and I fell in love,
whether I had plans to move very far away or not.  I covered my ass by not
telling the truth to my crush (which was very wrong), but I was finally
honest when I had made my decision, which I'm very happy with.  I've wanted
to tell the list that I've found a special sinister person, but its rather
difficult because it managed to hurt one of you.  Anyway, it doesn't do any
good to keep things a secret.  I do want the list to know that love between
sinisters can be found, that it should be with someone you've actually met,
and that all crushes should be honest with themselves and each other.

Belle and Sebastian are more than just great music to me.  They are a
lifestyle, a personality, a philosophy.  I do think that Sinister kids have
a great deal in common and that there are all kinds of potential matches on
this list.  To think otherwise would be depressing because (I don't know
about you), but I have a hard time meeting people that think and act the
same way I do.  This is a grate place to meet someone special and (I
disagree with Mr. Gilmer on this point) an e-mail relationship can be better
for a couple because they have to focus on communication over physical
attraction.  But, ultimately, I have to agree that there is nothing like
holding someone close and kissing them on the neck and dancing with them
next to creepy day-of-the-dead skeletons (for instance).

Thanks for considering my thoughts on this subject.  If anybody happens to
know my x-crush, please tell her that I would join her cult any day and that
I still think she is pretty cool.

Shout out to Amy- Stars of Track and Field are Beautiful People.

Love,
Colin