Sinister: lots of b.s.

Tim Banning fezzywig at xxx.com
Sat Nov 3 06:57:27 GMT 2001

Hi all,
I've made some friends recently.  They are good guys, we laugh a lot and
make crude jokes at one another.  I have a good time when I'm around them.
One guy, I turned him onto the strokes, and the new ben folds album.  He
likes them a lot, so while on a drive to L.A. last night I pop in Boy with
the Arab Strap you know just to broaden his horizons a little bit more.
They called Belle and Sebastian a "Simon and Garfunkle cover band".  Fare
enough, considering he has a Linkin Park CD and likes it.  I turned it off
and went for the Michael Jackson/Live Strokes mix CD that he had.  They are
still young they have yet to learn.
I can't resist but to talk about Judy and the Dream of Horses too.  I've
always loved that song, and it's one of my favorites.  I almost peed when
they played it in san fransisco. I have great images rushing through my head
everytime I listen to it or sing it to myself...
It seems to me that many Belle and Sebastian songs have something to do with
sex.  Dirty Dream #2, Seeing other people lots and lots of songs.  I've
always thought that Judy was about falling in love with a hooker.  The Dream
of Horses was some sort of excape from the prostitute life style or the
narrator was now the horse come to life, or...something.
Judy's going to show him EVERYTHING.  She DID IT with a boy when she was
young.  She never felt so good except when she was sleeping (not with
anyone, just sleeping) The book that she got was the best memory that she
has, the girl that stole a horse was her stealing a horse to get away from
the life she was living.  And now, she's met a guy that will do what she
wants, but she'll fall asleep with ants in her pants because she's so used
to just having to sleep with a these guys.
just on and on like that, god I love that song.  Just what I thought it was
about.  of course it's probably about listening to Kenny G and getting
bored.  but it was really great to see them play that live.
I am really really tired.  I worked tonight, I'm a sushi waiter.  the place
I work at has no asian people, a kind of wierd "only in America" kind of
thing.  anyway, hope you all are well, take care.
tim.