Sinister: toast & sugar cubes

Tracy Ebberts tracy at xxx.net
Sun Nov 4 18:02:13 GMT 2001

sunday is my day...my boyfriend sleeps until noon, recovering from an
evening of earnest hacking...hayley, my dear baby, goes off to her father's
and i am left with a pot of coffee, sugar cubes, half and half and html...

today i am putzing about with my portfolio, realizing i have done much and
yet nothing...reading of girls sitting in cafes, elegant cafes i am sure and
i, i am stuck in this desert wasteland...and yes, it is a wasteland...an
agricultural mecca...and when crops fail and things blow up about the
world...well, it's just a wee bit depressing...particularly as i remember my
heyday...don't we all have a heyday?  when things feel sad and you cry and
walllow and you wouldn't change it for anything?  this is not my heyday...

and so her father tells me this morning that he is ready to head off to
seattle...and if it means leaving hayley, so be it...

and my heart is breaking in a million different ways...

the funny thing is...this is why i like b&s...

this is why...

as stuart sings of wandering days and circus boys....and i can see him up on
stage in seattle, and i can feel my head lean against the rail as i peer
down at all the youngsters below (youngsters meant in the nicest way),
youngsters in their heyday...and i can see him and his funny little glamour
sexy dance thing...and his usa/flag shirt...and then the horns hit and i
feel everything that i ever was and it comes crashing into everything that
ever is....

and that makes me smile...

on the matter of toastmakers...

i highly recommend krups, if available...i have had mine for nearly 10 years
and it's really quite a treasure...

http://www.retrodiva.net/lullabies