Sinister: am i strong or weak?

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Mon Nov 5 00:36:07 GMT 2001

Hi Sinister,

I just wanted to tell you all that.. actually, I don´t have anything important to say. Hmm.

I should be writing a text about russian politics as I am having a group presentation about Russia tomorrow. But I haven´t done it yet, and oh, it´s so depressingly late to do it. It´s 00:18 here, I´m going up again at 7:00! I mean, why do I always have to wait for the absolute LAST second to do stuff? Oh well.

I just thought I´d tell you all about my terrific day.

I got woken up at ten by my mum, then she and my sister ate some newly-made scones and I took a shower (I was home alone by then, so I listened to Tigermilk very loud, and I showered with the bathroom door open so that I would hear it better) and sang along. I then walked to my friend Marika´s house. We have been getting really distant lately, we hardly talk on the phone anymore and it seems like, sadly enough, we´ve just grown into such different persons. Wo we watched some tv, talked and disagreed about stuff and then I went home. I walked home, oh how lovely it was!

It was cloudy, a bit cold, no, more chilly and the wind was blowig quite hard, but I, in my black, warm corduroy coat, wasn´t cold, i also had mittens so that I wouldn´t be cold. I listened to B&S in my freestyle, a sort of compilationtape that I made for myself. I forgot lots of classics when making it, and I didn´t have the same kind of favourites then, but it is good songs and it´s nice to hear the one´s you haven´t really listened to properly for a while.

I met an old lady that lives in our house. She looks like she´s 100 years old, she is so cool. We talked a bit about how much we both enjoyed walking around, and how nice the weather was, and how the condition of the paths in our nearby park was. It was actually nice to have that sort of conversation with someone. When I met her one time this summer she kind of giggled and said "I was just out picking berries in the park. But I couldn´t reach the one´s that are at the top. They are the yummiest". And then she kind of giggled and said she had to say goodbye now. I like her, she´s sweet.

When I got home, I put on some make-up and then my friend Anna came, we were going to a small gig with one of my favourite bands Edson! And the supportive act was a band called Corduroy Utd. With my kind-of-friend Leo as a bass player, they´re dead good, got a record deal and all. Releasing their debut ep soon. Next week I think. Leo is a very good-looking boy. He´s very nice as well. I like him. I can get a bit nervous around him, but he is very sweet.

Other people I met there:
Fanny (yay!(it´s her real name by the way, yes) sweetie!) , Mikaela, Gustav, Adam, Emelie, Niklas, Johan.

I have no idea why I wrote down the names of them since I don´t really know them that well and none of them are people that you know about. But still.

Edson were so fabolous!! We were like 60-65 people, and oh how good it was! They played two gigs today, the early at 16:30 for people under 20, adn the late at 20:00 for people over 20. Very cute idea!

it was such a small place, at one time, almost everyone sat down and it was so cute and nice. The girl playing the electric piano, flute and pling-plong-thing, and the one looking like a little minikeyboard with a little rubber-thing on it, that you blow in, er, is a bloody good candidate for being the next Isobel. She is so sweet, and she smiled at me. But the one whom I now fully adore is their singer Pelle Carlberg, oh he is gorgoeus! He looked to being around 25-35, and he was dead sweet, standing right in front of me as I was at the front at this wee stage, moving his hips and singing heartbreakingly soft. Edson are one of my favourite bands, they are lovely.

http://www.edson.nu

I think I might give you all a link to my schoolpicture for this year, if you all want to. I dunno. people say I look sweet on it, I think I look too happy, but what the hell, it is a quite nice photo.

Anyway, I DEMAND that you visit my B&S-site and write in the guestbook and read the stories and.. and.. yes;

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/darling

better get back to those russian politics, uh, BORING! no offence to anyone who´s interested in it, but it just doesn´t seem like the most interesting thing right now.

love and stars,

Astrid x