Sinister: Get It In The Back Of The Net, My Son

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Mon Nov 5 14:10:39 GMT 2001

Hi List,
Sorry, I just posted last night, but I figure this little burst makes up for
the months of inactivity.
I had a strange dream last night, B&S related, haven't had one for years. I
wandered into a room in this huge, empty building, and low and
behold...Struan Murdoch, himself and a guitar giving a little concert. Very
informal, people sitting cross-legged on the floor. Unfortunately, I came in
on the last song. But it was so good! I don't know how to describe the
effect. It seemed like the best song I had ever heard. How frustrating to
not be able to remember dream-music. Anyways, for some reason it was called
'Chemical Wench'. The weird part is after he finished the song, Alex James
from Blur and Carey from This List (who were there) jumped on in each other
in passion. Carey then left, and I had to deal with a giddy, lovved-up Alex.
I pushed back his fringe, stroked his temple and tried to calm him down. He
was actually very nice and genuine, not a total snot like you would imagine.
He wore a 'Chemical Wench' t-shirt. Fortunately, he didn't sing that song
that ends with 'Sun sun sun sun' and left. Anyways, after that I tried to
come up with a ruse to talk with Struan, but it all felt so awkward. I
helped put chairs up on the table next to him. The last thing I remember was
climbing up a wall made of snow and ice in tiny shorts and a t-shirt in
order to watch a bizarre wooly-mammoth-cow-like illegal fighting game.

I like the idea of being a referee, but I don't know how much attention I'd
be paying the Wills/Rachels when there's Stuarts running about shouting
things. He can shout, Och yer daft woman, That was in! (or whatever they
say) but I can shake my head with ultimate authority (or accept bribes).

I haven't heard the new Spiritualized album yet, but I did catch a little
mini-interview with J Spaceman on the tv the other day, talking about how
the best music makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, you feel
it in your body as well as mind. It sounds simple really, but how true!

Love,
Genevieve