Sinister: emerging from lurkerdom..

bethan macleod bethan_macleod at xxx.com
Mon Nov 5 16:42:31 GMT 2001

hello to everybody in sinister-land,

so, here it is.  my first ever post.

This is a bit like that awkward moment when you walk up to a group of people
who are already deep in conversation and try to think of something to say so
you can join in.  I just wanted to tell you all how much i've loved reading
your posts over the last few months.  I work at a university, doing routine
administration in a peaceful, but dull office.  Sinister posts are like
little beams of sunshine breaking up the monotony.

Yesterday was really cold, but bright and clear.  I went on a massive bike
ride all the way to the Thames.  The light was just perfect for taking
pictures.  I've got this big old camera that I sort of inherited from the
next door neighbours.  It's really nice but you have to set all the settings
manually, which i'm not particulaly good at.  I'm impressed with Will's idea
of a pictorial autobiography.  I don't really have anything that adventurous
in mind.  I mostly just try to take photos of normal things in a way that
makes them look kind of special.  I love surrealism too though, Will.
Wouldn't it be fantastic to smoke loads of opium in the name of art?

It has taken me pretty much all day to read the weekend's posts (I had to do
a little bit of work in between though, otherwise they may stop paying me).
I liked Tom's names for his local cows.  It's ages since i've been to the
countryside.  I also need to ask Stu - what is korfball?  Or am i missing
something?

Still haven't heard the new single, but i must say i do like the gaudy, yet
still lovable sleeve.

well, bye for now then,

beth