Sinister: it's nice to perform to an audience of naked people...would you direct that fan over here? thank you very much.

nafees saeed nafees at xxx.com
Tue Nov 6 17:11:32 GMT 2001

hello.

i broke somebody's nose today.  but not intentionally, and not violently.
well, i suppose you can't not violently break somebody's nose, but i wasn't
being intentionally violent.  anyway, i was walking into the bathroom and
there was somebody on the other side of the door, and the door went straight
into his face.  there was blood everywhere and stuff, he was understanding
and still addressed me as "mate", so i i haven't formed an enemy.  which is
always nice.

i went to see bonnie prince billy on sunday night, which was great.  it was
a really small venue so it was a lot better, and he took requests, which was
nice of him.  i was going to make a request, but i couldn't decide which
song i wanted to request so i just left it be.  after seeing will oldham in
person, i now think that he looks like a pirate.  he has pirate shoes and a
pirate's earing.  there was a nice girl at the bonnie prince billy gig with
pink hair and nice piercings (can piercings be nice?).  we exchanged
newspapers and phone numbers, so i'll hopefully see her piercings again.

bonfire night was last night.  i have a mixed reaction towards bonfire
night...i like it but i don't.  i like fireworks, but i don't like it when
people set them off at 3 in the morning.  i don't like being awoken by loud
explosions...i just don't.  i went to a bonfire last night, which was nice.
it was good until some extraordinarily clever people turned up and decided
it would be good to throw petrol-soaked rags on it.  then it just went crazy
and all the children left.  including me.

it's november already, which is weird.  i know people probably say this
every year but it has gone quickly.  i can still remember things from last
year in detail.  the bad thing about this year is that it's going to be
known for...that.  ahh well.  it's nice to see that the world is moving on a
bit more.  my local newspaper has stopped telling us how many terrorists
once lived in manchester and have now gone back to the "door knobs stolen
from local church" headlines.  they weren't just any old door knobs.  a pope
once touched them.  i really like the pope, i don't know why.  i can't
understand a word that he says but he does seem like a really nice guy.

my english lesson got cancelled, so i came home early today, which meant
that i got to see a bus driver i've never seen before.  i know people
shouldn't get excited about new bus drivers but i was.  he's like the bus
driver from the simpsons, otto.  you when bus drivers drive past eachother
they do that acknowledging raising of the hand thing?  well this one presses
his horn, and scares other drivers on the road...i laughed.

i haven't got work to do for a while, so i can sleep...finally.

take care,

nafees.