Sinister: I'd like to leave, but I forget which door I came through.......

Liz Dawson eld9 at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 7 04:23:04 GMT 2001

Hi Sinisterines,

I suppose some would refer to me as a lurker, having been on the list for
quite a while now, but only posting once so far. For those of you who missed
my last post, my name is Liz, and I'm at uni in Aberystwyth at the moment,
currently trying not to fail my degree in geography. I'm living in a student
house with 6 other girls, which can get really bitchy sometimes, especially
when one of them pulls a bloke, or is dumped by said bloke, or someone nicks
their milk, or breathes in their general direction.... humph! I do my best
to ignore them, but when they start gossiping in the kitchen, or play celine
dion at full volume, it gets a bit tiresome....
I guess you'd call this post as a bit of a rant, but it's just the way I'm
feeling at the moment. Hopefully it's a passing craze... then again if I do
it for long enough maybe moping and grumbling will be seen as cool and
everyone will want to be like me...but there's probably as much chance as
Stuart Murdoch coming to my uni to perform an acoustic set in the union,
before coming back to my house for a cup of tea and a natter... but a girl
can dream!
Also I've been getting hassle from one of my friends recently, as he's
started scrounging off me and my other friend for booze, fags and food for
days on end now, whilst complaining that he's got no money and a sore leg.
My friend and I are at our wits end with him, and are about two shades away
from pointing out a few home truths. Luckily he's going home this weekend
for his birthday, and will be able to sort his head out, but if he's the
same when he gets back, then he's going to get a massive shock from us.
Something that I'm not looking forward to at all...

Sorry for the moan, I promise my next post will be better,
Take care,
Liz x

"it is only that which cannot be expressed otherwise that is worth
expressing in music"
(Frederick Delius, English Composer 1920)
"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages"
(Terry Pratchett, British fantasy writer, 1988)