Sinister: I didn't realise my being sick put you off your food

Martin_F_Conneely at xxx.ie Martin_F_Conneely at xxx.ie
Thu Nov 8 15:34:32 GMT 2001

ARS 1

Ken Chu wrote:

<<There should be a love heart that says "nice arse">>

At Mogwai, in Dublin last night, there was a stool at the edge of the stage.  On
it was written "Fat Arse".  A female with short fair hair came on to play the
cello for a while.  She seemed to fit what was written on the stool.  Between
the strobe lighting and my increasing blindness, I couldn't be sure, but could
it have been our own Isobel?

BTW, according to my Sinister Book of Ready Rules, items in quotations don't get
hit by the body parts gallery rules.

And Mogwai were even louder than when I first saw them, and that was LOUD.

ARS 2

Speaking of ars, Seamus wrote of <<ex-of-this-parish Joss Moorkens
and his beautiful band Joan Of Arse being interviewed on Ireland's
(nah the world's) premier indie video tv program 'no disco'.>>

Oddly, Joss looked very sinister on that interview, whereas he didn't look
sinister when on Sinister. It wasn't the kind of interview that will shift the
units.  But it did give a good picture of the trials of being in a band that's
building up very slowly.  They are well worth a listen; I keep hearing a Neil
Young tinge in their music.  Am I going deaf as well as blind?  I recorded the
interview.  I don't know how to make copies but I could post it to anyone in VHS
videoland who wants to make a copy.   The video for the song doesn't fit though.
JOA would be better served by the vomiting ballerina video for Nina
Swedishsoundingname's video (Honey used to praise her).

Non ARS 1
The vomiting ballerina didn't provide the subject line, though. It's from a
born-again Christian bulimic former flatmate of Vodkabird, according to VB in
today's digest (the last post in the weddingfeastatcanadigest)  A subject line I
was tempted by was Archel's

<<the time i dropped villette by
charlotte bronte in a rockpool in pembrokeshire>>

Both would be good sillustrations?

Non ARS 2

Grainne quoted from a Frames site:

<<all the money that gets taken on the night [at Belfast gig] gets taken out to
a large toy emporium on the following day by the bands and a pile of toys are
bought for kids in need for christmas >>

Considering what Ireland did to SM last time, I think he should be kept away
from toyshops.  I can imagine him smashing everything (is it the shamrocks or
the Guinness that gets to him?) and there won't be any money left and it will be
too late for those kids to get anything.  In fact the safest thing is to bring
him to Dublin instead to do a solo gig (under very close supervision) and let
the rest of the band do Belfast.

Martin C
Sinister Senior Citizenry

PS  Those who, in their adolescence, liked both Catcher in the Rye and Carson
McCullers (thanks for reminding in recent post, Dahling) would probably love
Michael Collins's Keepers of the Truth.  May be hard to get but is really
exceptional.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.