Sinister: in this harvest day...

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Fri Nov 9 00:50:51 GMT 2001

Oh, hello sinister!

I just realised that I´ve made a major mishearing on I fought in a war;

I sang:

Keep your head down, pal
there´s trouble plenty
in this harvest day
i can´t see hope
i can´t see light

when it´s supposed to be:

keep your head down, pal
there´s trouble plenty
in this hour, this day
i can see hope
i can see light.

i didn´t remember what harvest meant. I thought of it as something very hard to do. Then I started hesitating, looked it up in my big fat dictionary and laughed my arse off, almost.

Oh dear.

With that kind of lyrics maybe the title should´ve been "Don´t fold your hands child, you walk like a peasant". Hee hee hee.

Sorry, my bad humour again.

I´ve began to think in sinister posts; I sometimes walk around and think "Wow, this is something I would like to describe to them so that they´d understand how beautiful things can be" and then I do something and forget about it. But it´s very strange.

I always think of Little House on the Prairie when I hear the wrong girl. I do not know why. Or too much summer heat.

It´s so wonderful, there´s so much love on sinister, so much nice people; so many people who are like ME, who won´t get tired if you sneak in a lot of B&S all the time.

My friends are going absolutely raving mad.
I only talk about music, or weird stuff. And I talk even more about B&S. I hope they don´t kill me.

A girl from a swedish organisation against mobbin called Friends, at it was good. I thought of what I would od if I was alone every single break, all the time. I think I would be the kind of girl who would sit in her own quiet place, always to be seen with a book, a notebook and a freestyle. I would always listen to music. It´s the best way to shutting the rest of the world out. Believe me - I experienced it today actually. In a sort of weird way.

When we had this little small lesson with half of our class (we´re divided into two small classes sort of) today, we were about eight boys and there was one other girl if you don´t count me. Anyway, we were working with whatever we wanted to, because we had time over; and the teacher starts calling my name. I do not notice, I am enjoying a funky strokes-track and stomping my feet lightly and kind of nodding with my head to the music. The teacher calls my name a couple of more times. I do not notice. All the boys starts to call my name. I do not notice. Kine, the other girl, poke at me, and I take off my earphones and say "eeeh" in a very dumb way. And the teacher LAUGHS madly at me and say that I am funny and that I have the music so loud that the others can hear it as well and that I have to turn down the volume. And I go "Oh, well, sure" and puts the tape back on. Kine told me after the lesson how many times they had tried to get my attention. Oops :)

Do you KNOW what happened today?! IT SNOWED!!! YES!! SOME SNOW! I LOVE SNOW! Ah, I am so happy... it is so COSY and nice and snow is just the gratest ever. It became a bit warmer and it all became rainy and discusting instead, but still, it snowed, yay!

I live just nearby a very big park, with a mountain in the middle of it. When I was smaller, I used to climb it which is very easy, and sit there, looking at the sunsets. I have som pictures of it. Maybe I´ll put them up sometime.

Last winter I got so delirious that I put on my bibig earphones that I usually just use when I´m at home because they´re so ugly, and I had a hat over them, and then I dressed up warmly and I went out and the white, thick, glimmering snow, and I danced to the music, I danced like mad. I could just fall down if I wanted to, a soft fall, oh it was so lovely. I took pictures then too. I like taking pictures. But I´m always so delirious so they always turn out quite bad. But still. I have a picture of me laying in the snow, I look sulky but that was because I was so tired of smiling in every single photo. I think I´ll put it up as well. Oh, my schoolfoto will be up too. It´s phototime, yay!

I am the antimobbing-pal in my class together with Anna. Not that someone ever comes and say "Well, I am getting harrassed" which is a shame because It could make a difference, but I don´t know. You go to a meeting once in a while, talk a bit, you get a free ice cream of your choise in the school cafeteria every spring.

Tomorrow will be grate; since I and Anna are the one´s from our class, we don´t have to go to school tomorrow! Because the anti-mobbing organisation friends are having an all-day training for us! YAY!

There´s been a lot of talk about B&S songs, and especially Judy & the dream of horses.
My view on this is:

Stuart sings about a girl he used to know, a girl who always would cheer him up and who always was his bestest friend, but then Judy changed and they got distant. And he tried to be like the boys that she had come to like, he was willing to try, but he wasn´t really sure he could be like them. And then, as an adult, he looks back at it and sing about it. Kind of.

Oh, everyone had really good one´s. Mine is NOT good.

Oh, yes, I wanted to tell you; I´ve designed a very fast-made homepage for my band!!

http://brightenyeah.cjb.net

brighten.cjb.net was already taken, cause we are named brighten because that´s what we want to do, so i just put in a silly little yeah.
don´t forget the guestbook now.

Let me just remind you again that this was something I made very quickly, so the design is not the best. altough our logo is there. yup.

I have to go down lots of stairs to get down to the houses where I live. And today, and yesterday, I´ve danced along, spinned around, taking little funny steps, skipping, doing very strange little jumps right up in the air and funny wiggles with my arms to the music I´ve been listening to. Yesterday during the steps it was Le Pastie De La Borugeoisie and today it was Ooberman - Shorley Walls. I LOVE that song: It´s so gorgeous.

Ah, I´m listening to If you´re feeling sinister at the moment, It´s my favourite album with B&S. I´ve started the most unnecessary collection of all time; getting all of the b&S-things on vinyl. NERDISH. I have This is just a modern rocksong and Jonathan David, I´ve seen Fold.. and I can tell you, that cinyl was MADE for me wanting it.

Ah.

I have to sleep now. Here are the links to the stuff I´ve been talking about:

Me on this years schoolfoto (up on public demand, hahaha):

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/astrid/astridschool.jpg

The sunset I like to watch, the view is amazing but it´s like 50 000 times more beautiful in real life. it seems dark and cold on these pictures. oh what the hell:

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/astrid/aroomwithaview.html

Kärlek to you all,

Astrid x

P.S "in this harvest day"... isn´t there a limit for how stupid you can get?