Sinister: in this harvest day...

Andre Enrico Ciriaco Alessi aale002 at xxx.nz
Thu Nov 8 03:20:01 GMT 2001

Quoting Astrid Wiezell <astrid.wiezell at spray.se>:

> Oh, hello sinister!
>
> I just realised that I´ve made a major mishearing on I fought in a war;

<snip>

> P.S "in this harvest day"... isn´t there a limit for how stupid you can
> get?

I can beat that one by a mile.

I was listening to Different Class by Pulp the other day, after a long break of
about three or four years, and when "Misshapes" came on, I realised I'd
forgotten the lyrics.  So, I was trying my best to figure out what ol' Jarvis
was talking about, especially once he got to that dang catchy chorus bit:

We want cheese buns,
We want cheese scones,
We'll use the one thing we've got more of
That's our minds.....

Oh, that crazy Cocker guy!  Always throwing in non sequiteurs to prove how
absurd the world is!

Then, while looking through the CD booklet for the lyrics to "Disco 2000" to
write up on my wall, I glanced at those for "Misshapes", just casually.....

We won't use guns,
We won't use bombs,
We'll use the one thing we've got more of
That's our minds.....

"Cheese buns"????  "Cheese scones"!?!?!?!

Now THAT is stupidity.

Cunning Andre