Sinister: Seattle, and everything else

Arik Devens adevens at xxx.edu
Fri Nov 9 05:06:13 GMT 2001

i went out today, it had been so long i'd almost forgotten how, all i
did was get a haircut and take the bus home, didn't even take it there
as my mom drove me. but it was enough to remind me what exactly i have
been missing cooped up in my parents house for the past 2 months.

i haven't posted in ages and ages, since june 14th in fact, mostly
because i'm not a very good writer. now i'm not saying that in an
attempt to get sympathy from anyone, i'm just not a very good
writer. something about writing things down never works for me, i'm
much better at speaking, all my thoughts get muddled up and boring
when i try to put them on paper or in this case email.

i'm watching the first night of the new live-action tick show. not as
good as the old cartoon certainly but funny anyway, can't see it going
all that far though. certainly i don't want to resist the buttery
toast of justice though. mmm. toast. yummy.

oh. erin. if you are still reading this, i live in seattle too :-) so
at least there is one more sinistereen here.

so um... alot has happened since i last posted, i went to popfantasy,
met some sinister types. broke up with my gf :-( and am now in back in
seattle at my parents house slowly dying of boredom. oh and btw, i
totally suck, rachel playforth you sent me a tape AGES and AGES ago
and i love it and i never thanked you :-( so THANK YOU, it's lovely.

i've fallen in love with XTRMNTR by primal scream and perfect lovesong
by the divine comedy. oh and december by teenage fanclub. thank you
gav and nic.

temptation island has to be the single stupidest idea for a television
show of all time. i mean really, why would ANYONE go on this show. why
would anyone watch this show. why would anyone cheat on this
show. totally, totally, stupid. click, that said elimidate makes
reality tv worthwhile for me.

i've lost whatever point i was originally trying to express, maybe if
i post regularly i will slowly develop some sort of idea of what i'm
trying to say. certainly never reaching the hights of a laura llew or
a kirsten marie kenyon though. ah well, some of us were meant to be
writers and some readers i think.

arik

garr!