Sinister: winter draws on

Grainne Lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Sat Nov 10 21:05:45 GMT 2001

You step outside, in your thick coat, buttoned up so that you feel like a little girl, like Maggie Simpson in her snow-suit, your hands in wooly gloves and realise that the year is almost at an end. the wind chills your face and steals breath and two after two minutes outside you have to press your tongue to the top of your mouth to stop your teeth chattering. Chattering teeth make you feel colder. You try to walk faster to get warm, but your legs aren't having any of it. Your muscles have been sore all day, due to the fact that last night you slept curled up in a curled in a ball, because to stretch out a leg meant leaving the only warm part of the bed. It's the time of the year when the main reason you want a man in your life, in your bed is to steal his body heat.
Ah well, you think, at least there's Christmas to look forward to, and the Sinister Christmas Exchange perhaps?

I want to add my voice to Chris Pez's plea to bring back the Christmas Exchange. Last year I joined the list a couple of weeks after the deadline, but I thought it was the most charming idea ever. So much so that I mentioned it in my first post, at the end of January.
Please can we do it again.
Gráinne.

PS Does anyone want to come to one of the last ever Divine Comedy gigs with me, in Dublin's Olympia Theatre on Monday 19th?