Sinister: if you have five minutes to spare.....

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Mon Nov 12 17:33:23 GMT 2001

first off, props to VEL for quoting from a
doubleplus sweet jacque prevert poem.....

my favourite prevert poem is the one that says:
"i hung my hat in the cage and went out with the
bird on my head..."  or something like that.

anyway.

i havent posted in awhile, what with being IN
LOVE and all, but i decide to give a quick recap
of some of my recent doings and whatnot.

winter left us here in minneapolis for last week,
but has returned i think, today.  it was above 70
degrees last tuesday. very strange behavior for
this time of year.  perhaps the end is
approaching?  perhaps not: it's only in the 40's
now.

last friday night i had a swinging shin-dig in my
flat, i attempted to cram as many people as i
could into it.....about 25!
  i was amazed, considering everyone was laying
horizontally and all.  we listened to some (as
the lovely ulla puts it) "dreamy and wonderful
serge gainsbourg and some magnetic fields, who
are not quite so dreamy but still quite
wonderful"
   :)
  and we drank my double strong margaritas and
ate my super special nachos.   it was a grand
time.....you really should have come.

the week went by as fast as any in recent memory.
 old mrs. richland was sad because somebody had
vandalized her oak trees and mr. henderson's cow
milly died unexpectedly of a lightning strike.
(???)

saturday night my friend robbie (of the wonderful
indie band "kloey" ---go on check em out at
mp3.com!)  cut my hair in her kitchen whilst i
boiled up a pot of my spiced cider.  then we went
to the midnight showing of "the city of lost
children".  everyone said that the little
pick-pocket boys looked like little versions of
me, with their rolled up pants and used blazers
and berets.  today at work my co workers said my
new haircut and my glasses made me look like a
nazi soldier.  i think shindler's list was on tv
sunday.  hmmm....
  there are some who think that any style from
the 30's or 40's is a nazi style.  damn the
fascists!

so tonight i will go dancing with my friends and
feel lonely and disconnected from my surroundings
as i think of a girl sleeping far off, alone in
her bed, dreaming of me.....

   much love and non-violent hairstyles,
        caleb ben

=====
And when I'm lying in my bed I think about life
and I think about death
and neither one particularly appeals to me
and if the day came when I felt a natural emotion
I'd get such a shock I'd probably lie
in the middle of the street and die
I'd lie down and die  ------morrissey