Sinister: My Wandering Days Are Just Beginning

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Mon Nov 12 23:52:06 GMT 2001

hello everyone,

I'm going to unsubscribe from Sinister later this evening. Or maybe
tomorrow. You see I'm flying to America on Wednesday and I don't want to
come back to a million mails.

My US holiday will be phun. I'm going to Boston to see a friend, and then
we're going to get the train down to New York to sample the delights of the
city that never sleeps. And then I'll go on to W*A*S*H*I*N*G*T*O*N (baby)
D*C to meet more of my friendly friends and look at some random museum,
either that one about aeroplanes and stuff if I'm in the mood for noble
endeavour, or the Holocaust one if I'm on for thinking about humanity's
flawed nature.

I don't post as much as some people, but what I do is I save up mails I
intend replying to. After a while I realise I have too many mails to reply
to, many of them from ages ago, so if I replied to them all this post would
be i) too long and ii) refer to things everyone's forgotten, so I'll try and
edit for relevance.

GrĂ¡inne said:
> Your muscles have been sore all day, due to the fact that
> last night you slept curled up in a curled in a ball, because to stretch out a
> leg meant leaving the only warm part of the bed.

this reminded me of my sleep alone years in a rather parky flat, where it
took me several cold winters to realise that there was nothing stopping me
from buying an extra duvet. I recommend doing just that, they're far less
hassle than lovers.

GrĂ¡inne also mentioned some Sinister Christmas Present Exchange Thing.
what's this all about? Is it like a Kris Kindle thing where some authority
figure assigns each person someone on the list someone they have to send a
little present to? That sounds top, I'm all for it. Do marginal
Sinisterlisters like me get to play too? Also, does it ever get rigged so
that the authority figure gets 20 presents while everyone else is lucky to
get one?

Meanwhile, Staralful said of the Belfast gig thing:
> Anywho fellow irish men and irish women i call on you today to all attend
> the gig as i want to know how dirty the dirty vicar is.

I'm pretty dirty, let me tell you, the moral equivalent of those people who
bathe once every six months whether they need it or not. Actually, I am one
of those people.

I'm contemplating buying an ordinary ticket to the gig and not getting the
Dublin fun bus... you know, staying over in Belfast and stuff. more time for
going to unbelievably parky picnic style things, and no danger of being
caught short on the bus home.

I have to salute the majesty of Andre's friend Catherine and her My
Wandering Days Are Over dance. Nicccce. We should all learn and practice the
dance and frighten people by breaking into it should they play MWDAO in
Belfast.

Rener said
> 4) my and dirtyvicar's pet coffee and milkshake place,
> cafe soleil in soho, is gone! in its place is a
> horrible trendy yuppie cafe. boo. we were annoyed.

Yes we were. That's the kind of thing that happens in Celtic Tiger Dublin,
it's not meant to happen in grimy miserable London. Still, at least
Zentralli's is still Zentralli's.

I'm thinking of getting married so I can book eXreme elvis for the
reception. I love Elvis.

J Emanuel E told us his Miami stories, but it did call to mind how un-B&Sey
a town Miami is. At least in my stereotypical imagination, anyway. Although
I do like to think of B&S playing a gig there in beach clothes, with loads
of stereotypical babes in bikinis getting all jiggy to songs like Seeing
Other People or Jonathan David. I'd buy that for a dollar. Or maybe it could
turn into the Windowlicker video and all the jiggy babes would end up with
Stuart Murdoch's face.

Genevieve, meanwhile, said:
> Staralful was not being so sweet on Dublin which made me a bit disappointed
> because I was just entertaining the possibility of visiting.

Don't be listening to him, corkies feel like they're under some kind of
moral obligation to run down Dublin because they aren't cool enough to live
here. Still, Cork has a great Shadow Over Innsmouth vibe going, so it's not
to be knocked.

And maybe I'll stop now, as I have to get some sleep preparatory to my big
journey.

Bless you all,

DV